Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Force guests to stay in lobby channel

Hi all,

I have teamspeak3-server_win32-3.0.0-beta20 running and I`d need some advice on setting permissions for guest users.

I have a lobby channel set up which serves as the default channel. When a new client connects I`d like that it could not connect to any other channel than the lobby and that it would not have voice.

Only after a server admin etc. would confirm the new client and set it to server group "Normal", the client would have voice and could join other channels.

I watched the permission system basics video tutorial, but it didn`t cover this topic.

BR,

Serious Sam

Edit*

After some trial and error I was able to achieve the voice setting as i wanted. I set "Client talk power" for the "guest" server group to 5. Then I set for each channel (right click > edit channel) "needed talk power" to 75. Now guests do not have voice.

Then I set "normal" server group to have "Client talk power" to 75 (Permissions > Server Groups > "Normal" > Client > Basics > "Client talk power"). Now "normal" server group can talk on all channels.

I have not yet been able to set "guest" server group only to the lobby. Hopefully I`ll solve this soon to.

Edit*

I can lock guests to lobby by modifying Channel Permissions. For each channel other thank lobby I set "Needed channel join power" to 75. Lobby has needed channel join power set to 5.

Then I set "guest" server group "Channel join power" to 5. Now "guest" can only connect to lobby. (Permissions > Server Groups > "Guest" > Channel > Access > Channel join power).

"Normal" server group has "Channel join power" set to 75, so they can connect to all channels.

Edit*

I was also successfull in getting ts3 server running as a service with this nice piece of software: runassvc. I tried to use srvany.exe and instsrv.exe from the Windows Resource Kit, but for some reason it didn`t work this time for ts3.
    Last edited by Serious Sam; March 14th, 2010 at 08:27 PM.

Take a look at the guest permissions I am using on my clan's server. It may help you acheive what you want.

Guests only have the ability to join the lobby (default channel) and any sub-channel. They can't poke or send private/server messages. They can only text within the channel they are in and can speak.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...sem85NlE&hl=en
    Last edited by poisonpanik; March 15th, 2010 at 03:10 PM. Reason: updated link

Thread Information