Forum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikobiko View Post
    I am unable to figure this out. Can you please just post for us what we need to do.
    You should be looking for something like this then (without the "quotes"):
    login serveradmin "password"
    use sid="server ID"
    servergroupaddperm sgid="Server Admin group ID" permsid=b_permission_modify_power_ignore permvalue=1 permnegated=0 permskip=0
    You can find out the server ID using the serverlist command, and the Server Admin group ID by looking to the number in front of the group name, in the permissions dialog (ex: "Server Admin (6)").

After this, you should be able to add permissions, ignoring the Needed modify power/Grant value. Be aware that this is just a quick way to do things, and this permission really should not be granted to untrusted people.

thanks for the "b_permission_modify_power_ignore" tip! This will save me a lot of trouble in the future

One question: what is "b_client_modify_own_description" for? I can't find it in any docu...

Quote Originally Posted by Antig View Post
    thanks for the "b_permission_modify_power_ignore" tip! This will save me a lot of trouble in the future

One question: what is "b_client_modify_own_description" for? I can't find it in any docu...
    The name says it all...Its to allow users to modify their own description without being able to modify others (like what happened with "b_client_modify_description").

Quote Originally Posted by Jonybat View Post
    You should be looking for something like this then (without the "quotes"):
    You can find out the server ID using the serverlist command, and the Server Admin group ID by looking to the number in front of the group name, in the permissions dialog (ex: "Server Admin (6)").

After this, you should be able to add permissions, ignoring the Needed modify power/Grant value. Be aware that this is just a quick way to do things, and this permission really should not be granted to untrusted people.
    Thanks, eventually I figured it out

Okay, so let's say I want to add the default server admin group the right to modify its own description. The query line to exectute would be this:

servergroupaddperm sgid=6 permsid=b_client_modify_own_description permvalue=1 permnegated=0 permskip=0

Then I'd have to repeat this step for all other servr groups that I want to have the right to change its own permission. That's straightforward.

However, b_client_modify_own_description doesn't have a i_ grant permission.
    So how do I grant the right to let's say sgid 6 to change this permission for all the other server groups? Am I stuck with adding b_permission_modify_power_ignore to sgid 6?

By the way, the auto-updating permissions is a really welcome new feature!

Hello all i have server version 17 whant to update to version 21 do i only need to copy the new files in the server dir?

Thread Information