Forum

(TTS) Whats with no server options?

I see there are 16,345,221 options for clients to fiddle with for TTS and what they hear and dont hear... but what about some server side options to simplify this?

Like right now... all we want to hear is for example:
    "Player" joined the server...
    "Player" left the server...
    "Player" left the channel...
    "Player" joined the channel...

This why from the beginning, people have requested a dumbed down version for clans... with all the zillions of options it has become so over complicated its not even funny... The way Vents TTS works, is how it should be able to be setup but on the server side and not have to worry about explaining which 14,351 options to disable under notifications to 500 members.

What you have requested is easy to do.

Just go into OPTIONS->NOTIFICATIONS and expand all the trees. Uncheck everything except a few options under YOU and CLIENT and you should have exactly what you want.

I can't speak for the devs but I am sure they made this client side because you may only want a few things but someone else may want other things or nothing at all.

I messed with some of these settings and with so many, I cant even begin to get it the way I want... and Im no dummy lol. All I know is what I have listed is what we all want and at this point we are all about sick of the multitude of confusing options. Honestly... if Vent would update their software I would be tempted to switch back to it.

I don't think you are a dummy but it really is very simple. For your case all you need select are the following

ALL options in the CONNECTION & YOU
    Under CLIENT enable all the CONNECTION options.
    DISABLE/Turn off all other options

If you read what each option is you may find you want other options enabled. As a server admin I prefer to hear all notifications but I also have a low traffic server so it's not too distracting. If we had a lot of clients then I'd definitely turn off many of those options.

Thread Information