Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Unhappy Haven't upgraded in a while... need help.

Hey guys,

I host and maintain the TS3 server for the gaming clan I play with. It's currently running beta19. I just tried updating to beta21 and it wouldn't start. I make backup's of all my files and the mysql database before updating the server, so I reverted back to beta19 and it's working again.

Do I need to download and install beta20 before beta21? If so, where do I find beta20?

Thanks in advance.

Bump... anyone?

You can find beta20 at ftp://ftp.4players.de/pub/hosted/ts3/releases/beta-20/
    I don't think that installing beta20 first solves your problems, but you can try and you didn't provide enough information for a deeper investigation.

Is it Linux? Then, you only had to download the new version and then upload on your server, copy it in the TS folder and it replaced the old files automatically. But before that, stop the server (./ts3server_startscript.sh stop), and then start the server again (./ts3server_startscript.sh start).
    Then you have the newest server version, but your channel still exists.

Server is running Windows 7 64-bit. Using MySQL on a remote machine.

problem

humm....it seems that after beta20 the server is unable to bind a hostname to a IP address....for instance:

voice_ip=hostname.no-ip.org

it cant resolve the host, it only reconizes a number address, like 192.168.0.5
    I dont know if it will work online again for servers whit dynamic IPs becouse of this....but it needs to be fixed!

You don't need to upgrade to beta 20 first. Care to share the exact error message? "It won't start" is quite vague.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosEvil View Post
    humm....it seems that after beta20 the server is unable to bind a hostname to a IP address....for instance:

voice_ip=hostname.no-ip.org

it cant resolve the host, it only reconizes a number address, like 192.168.0.5
    I dont know if it will work online again for servers whit dynamic IPs becouse of this....but it needs to be fixed!
    I'm just thinking... Normaly your TS shouldn't be able to bind to your external IP at all, because the your computer normaly doesn't know which is his external IP address, and normaly it doesn't need that at all. Also not for running a server. Your router should do that job. To bind to a specific IP address makes only sense with an computer which has multiple ip addresses. Often this only have greater servers. Or am I wrong?

You'd be wrong in the case of dedicated servers on a static IP.

Anyways, sorry about the delay in getting back to you guys. The problem is still occuring. I've just been running with beta19 this whole time.

Here's the log file when I try to start the server.

2010-04-18 16:12:38.644268|INFO |ServerLibPriv | | Server Version: 3.0.0-beta22 [Build: 10723], Windows
    2010-04-18 16:12:38.645268|INFO |DatabaseQuery | | dbPlugin name: MySQL plugin, (c)TeamSpeak Systems GmbH
    2010-04-18 16:12:38.645268|INFO |DatabaseQuery | | dbPlugin version: 1
    2010-04-18 16:12:38.659269|ERROR |DatabaseQuery | | db_exec() CREATE INDEX index_group_server_to_client_id1 ON group_server_to_clien error: Duplicate key name 'index_group_server_to_client_id1'
    2010-04-18 16:12:38.659269|ERROR |SQL | | database update to revision: 14 failed!
    Seems it fails on the db update. Not sure why or how to resolve this issue though. Any help would be appreciated.

well.....that is a quite easy problem to fix...
    First go to your TeamSpeak SQL Database (using the program of your choosing)....then find the table called "instance_properties" and open it.
    Now on the 1 line...4 Column (Value)...there will be a number in there....that number has to be the SAME has the "update_xx.sql" file that is on your SERVER SQL folder....
    For instance: C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamSpeak3_Server\sql\update_14.sql...in this case the number has to be 14 on the Database.....

That happens when you downgrade your server......hope it fix your problem

Thank you ChaosEvil. I got the server updated and running with the most recent server version.

Thread Information