Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

HELP!! I messed up all permissions

Is there any way to reset teamspeak for all permission to return to default, I was messing with all the permissions and i messed something up and now nobody can talk, we get kicked out of the sever, and that stupid microphone thing is stuck on everyones name.. Plz help if someone has the default settings or maybe knows how to reset it all back to orignal config. I would seriously greatly appreciate it.

Teamspeak 3, it says this <18:08:06> Failed to remove priority speaker. Probably it was not set as channel client permission. Check other permissions types manually in the permissions window.

also, this> You were kicked from the server by the Server (idle time exceeded)
    how do i fix that so we don't get kicked,

I know i should have never touched the dang thing, I didn't think i could foul it up that bad..lol

Honestly if there is a way to reset to default, i swear ill never touch that permissions again!!!!
    Last edited by xNoobletx; April 1st, 2010 at 03:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xNoobletx View Post
    Is there any way to reset teamspeak for all permission to return to default, I was messing with all the permissions and i messed something up and now nobody can talk, we get kicked out of the sever, and that stupid microphone thing is stuck on everyones name.. Plz help if someone has the default settings or maybe knows how to reset it all back to orignal config. I would seriously greatly appreciate it.

Teamspeak 3, it says this <18:08:06> Failed to remove priority speaker. Probably it was not set as channel client permission. Check other permissions types manually in the permissions window.

also, this> You were kicked from the server by the Server (idle time exceeded)
    how do i fix that so we don't get kicked,

I know i should have never touched the dang thing, I didn't think i could foul it up that bad..lol

Honestly if there is a way to reset to default, i swear ill never touch that permissions again!!!!
    Is your server hosted at your home or are you renting? If renting, go ahead and contact your hoster and ask for a server re-install. As far as I know, I don't think there is a way to reset back to default permissions without a re-install. Also, don't think your never going to use those permissions. Once you get familiarized with the permission system, you'll spend hours messing around with it. That's how you learn, trial and error.

yes!! SAVED AGAIN BY THE OMLET!!!

THANKS PLENTY OMLET!! UR THE BEST, I'm renting the server so i guess ill have to call the renting place tomorrow morning since i picked the one in my city.. your so nice omlet!! u make me hun.g.ry

I don't think you'll need to call your host. You can if you want but I think you can fix this yourself. Here's a spreadsheet I use to documnet my clan's permission settings but it also has the default settings. See if this doesn't help.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AvzMZX3uCf2-dDhiV1l5czBVS1JfNVlZb0VXY1ZnaGc&hl=en

**EDIT**
    I recommend you download the server files and set one up on your PC to experiment with. That way the worst case you delete the database and start from scratch.

http://forum.teamspeak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=119
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthread.php?t=48255
    Last edited by poisonpanik; April 1st, 2010 at 09:14 AM.

Thread Information