Forum

Exclamation New ts3 permission

can you please add a i_channel_needed_servergroup_id under channel access, so only cretin gropes can join specific , i know about the need join power but that dose not work for what i'm try to do

Instead of you telling us what to do, why don't you tell us what you want to do, then we can discuss if this is already possible and if not THEN we can discuss if it is worth making possible and what possible ways there are to achieve it.
    You think my answer is stupid ? Read This:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ons.html#intro

In a world without fences and walls - who needs windows and gates ?

Angry

i'm sorry, i just wanted a "channel access, so only cretin groups can join specific *channel" and next time you reply please don't be so rude... might be a good idea* for customer service... and i am not telling you what to do indicated by putting please in front of what i typed... "can you please add"....

Cool

Just trying to lighten the mood here but you’re both right and both wrong.

The original poster did indeed not provide sufficient information “please add this ‘cause I can’t do what I want to do” says nothing about what you actually want to do and the response from Peter was correct in that matter. However even as bystander I simply can not shake the feeling that the response sounded more like (in caps lock) “don’t tell me what to do, ktnxbye”. Teamspeak is a commercial product and since you’re probably paid for this, your provided link (although quite interesting and well worth reading) is irrelevant in this case.

With you reply to Peter, What!, one still can not get a clear idea what you want to do, can you elaborate on the situation?

(moderator, feel free to remove my post if you think I am out of line here)

Everything below the ________ in peter's post is his signature. It is not specific to this topic.

And yes, please elaborate of what you are trying to achieve that join power can't do at the moment.

Me guess, he wants what some other users already requested.
    That you can set which group can enter which channel.
    Like Group A can enter Channel A, B and C
    Group B can enter only Channel B and so on.

Yeah i also was wondering if this could be done. In some case join power just isn't good enough.

Group A - Join power: 50 (WoW Group)
    Group B - Join Power: 60 (CoD4 Group)

Group B can join the channels restricted to Group A, and so if you could restrict channels to only allow a selected group to join, it would solve this problem.

I could for example create a WoW group and a CoD4 group and they can join their game related channels but not each others. This in my opinion would be a very useful property for a channel.

Or perhaps to make it even more useful instead of just restricting it to 1 Server Group you could restrict it to multiple groups?
    Maybe split them up using " " ?
    So the value would be 6\s13\s12 etc... Or use whatever delimiter you think is best.

Also yes i agree the reply to the original poster could of been worded a little better.

@JustinSmith

Take a look at this thread.

http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthread.php?t=51003

I already use a channelgroup to restrict access, i have since i first installed ts3, however they have to join the parent channel in order to join the other channels. Why do that when it would be better if you could just join straight to the channel? It would be a much easier and better way to restrict access to channels if you could restrict it to server groups.

Sadly with channelgroups there is no user management on the client like there is with the servergroups. So if you want to remove someone from a channelgroup when they are not on it's a pain to do so.

Either a channelgroup user manager like the servergroup one or allow restriction to servergroups for each channel would be good.

I personally don't use channel groups but I do agree having the client list on the right side would be useful. Your other suggestion could prove useful as well for all those that are trying to host multiple clans/guilds on one server.

Thread Information