Forum

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Help plz| Teamspeak 3 cannot write to configuration file.

I get this error when i open Teamspeak 3. It says Team speak 3 cannot write to the configuration file all saved changes wll be lost. and it says come c:/program files/teamspeak3 or something like dat i tried reinstalling nothing works. If i run as an admin it jus frezes when i complete the settings thing by setting my name and push to tlak/auto detection.

plz help
    Last edited by dante696; September 26th, 2015 at 09:02 PM. Reason: merged, we have a forum search!

Help Soundboard/Message error

Then hello! (Message translates with translator Reverso)

Since the Update (that I are only made yesterday x) yes she(it) date of at least before September I believe)
    My ts is not similar any more!

But well until no problem.
    As the plugin soundboard had got deleted during the maj of ts I said to put back(to hand) him(it).

I him(her,it) am installed(settled) bla bla bla but in plugins = > mark his(her,its) me Failed to upload and soundboard.ddl in red 7
    And has every time I throw(launch) Ts says to his(her,its) to me in red: (I would put image has the end)
    And sometimes the message: file MSV ddl (remember me more message there) missing(being lacking). Want refillable ts.
    Of the blow I supports on OK and Ts dashes(launches). But it is painful of has every time rest(support) on OK..

Thus if you could help me soundboard has to put without puts his(her,its) me His(Her,Its) problems, Thank you !

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Problm ts.png 
Views:	664 
Size:	45.6 KB 
ID:	13242
    Last edited by dante696; November 30th, 2015 at 08:54 AM. Reason: merged

Your thread is totally confusing her him his he she it us!

Error 1 comes, is when you use the config from progam folder 8which is wrong). -->> Reinstall the client and do not choose to save the config in program folder.
    Error 2 -> Contact the plugin author!
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Teamspeak 3 cannot write to the configuration file

Hello,

I just installled teamspeak 3 64 bit last night and used it for about 4 hours. It was working perfectly.
    When i woke up this morning and tried to open it, it said

Error
    Teamspeak 3 cannot write to the configuration file:
    C:\Users\David Parker\AppData\Roaming\TS3Client\settings.db
    You can use Teamspeak 3, but all settings will be lost!

I have tried to continue and use Teamspeak 3 as it says i can, but it doesn't open.

I have looked at multiple online forums and videos to fix this and none of their suggestions have worked.

I tried running as an administrator, i tried reinstalling to different locations, reinstalling with the 32-bit version, pinning it to the start menu, restarting the computer.

Please help me. I've been trying to fix this for hours and nothing works.

By the way, my computer's OS is Windows 7
    Last edited by dante696; February 10th, 2016 at 07:49 AM. Reason: merged

For any reason the client can not write into C:\Users\David Parker\AppData\Roaming\TS3Client\ or the settings.db

Check that you really have access to C:\Users\David Parker\AppData\Roaming\TS3Client\ and that the settings.db isn't write protected.
    Maybe a tool on your PC does block this too.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Re: Teamspeak 3 cannot write to the configuration file

Hey dante696,

Thanks for replying to my thread. I am not very good with this kind of thing on computers. Because of this I don't know how to check if i really have access to C:\Users\David Parker\AppData\Roaming\TS3Client\ and I don't know how check if settings.db is write protected.

I'm sorry to waste your time, but could you tell me how to do that?
    Also if a tool on my PC does block this how do I find out?

Thanks
    -WrathofEpic

Unable to open TS

This morning, I opened my TeamSpeak 3 to see this message:
    TeamSpeak 3 cannot write to the configuration file: C:/Users/gebruiker/AppData/Roaming/TS3Client/settings.d
    You can use TeamSpeak 3, but all settings will be lost!
    [Ignore] [Abort]

If I press abort or ignore, the window closes and nothing happens.

I tried reinstalling TS, searching for missing files, but couldn't find a solution.
    Last edited by dante696; April 8th, 2016 at 09:33 AM. Reason: merged

Error Ts cannot run..

Hello, please help me with that error.. I've Deleted the ts3 and downloaded it again, And the same problem

http://imgur.com/a/XzSFA

Your user account has no permissions to write in the shown path.
    Are you sure you are using the right account or havn't done anything wrong with your permissions?

I suggest to fix your user permissions on that folder (please use google for this) or install the client in a new folder (not in c:/program files) and choose to save the config in this folder during the installtion.

Just a note to those that do have UAC disabled and still have problems with config.db

Quote Originally Posted by Mortimerus View Post
    As the title says, each and every time I open my TeamSpeak I have to redo all my configs and write down the adress of the server I want to connect, afterwards I need to wait for the security to level up and authorization.

Each and every time the same thing. I have the newest version of teamspeak - 10609.

Help me
    You need to use "run as administrator" also for the config file to be able to be updated. This can be done either from the right click menu or set permanently in the advanced properties of the program shortcut Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TSHelp.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	14736

The right solution is to install the client and select to use User folder for the config files.
    Turning off UAC and running any application as Admin is not a good suggestion for anyone.

Reply with respect.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    The right solution is to install the client and select to use User folder for the config files.
    Turning off UAC and running any application as Admin is not a good suggestion for anyone.
    Just to clarify I was not suggesting anyone turn off UAC and run as admin per say just offering a fix for those that already had and did not want to reinstall. Also bear in mind please that your opinion of not running an application in Admin and or turning off nagging UAC is just one opinion which many do not share, in fact there are several applications that do not function correctly if not run in Admin mode.

Running with UAC enabled and installing as you described is however a good suggestion for the average or novice user.

My teamspeak "cannot write to the configuration file"

so since i updated last, ive been getting a message like this "cannot write to the configuration file: C:\users\user\AppData\Roaming\TS3Client\Settings.d b" I am not a computer wiz, so i have no idea whats going on. I would really appreciate

Quote Originally Posted by braegan123 View Post
    so since i updated last, ive been getting a message like this "cannot write to the configuration file: C:\users\user\AppData\Roaming\TS3Client\Settings.d b" I am not a computer wiz, so i have no idea whats going on. I would really appreciate
    Uninstall TeamSpeak, then reinstall.
    When you get asked where to store Configuration (After you specified the Location where to install to) Choose Recommended: Save in user own files.
    That should fix it.

do not choose store configuration in program folder.

Config settings error

http://imgur.com/a/bmjYo please i need to save my configs
    Last edited by dante696; June 12th, 2017 at 11:08 AM. Reason: merged

Thread Information