Forum

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Teamspeak 3 cannot write to the configuration file.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Your User has permissions do write into that folder.

Please solve this by re-installing the client and do not choose store configuration in program folder.
    As the title says, each and every time I open my TeamSpeak I have to redo all my configs and write down the adress of the server I want to connect, afterwards I need to wait for the security to level up and authorization.

Each and every time the same thing. I have the newest version of teamspeak - 10609.

Help me
    Last edited by dante696; May 9th, 2017 at 07:24 AM.

Why you installed TS3 in portable mode in "C:\Program files"?!? UAC from Windows Vista / 7 prevents changing files in this folder without admin rights.

Just don't install TS3 in portable mode there, and %appdata% will be used.

Can I change this (folder for config-file) after installation?

Simply, re-install the client and choose the correct option in the setup wizard.

Ts3 cannot write to configuration file

Hi,
    I have a problem with Teamspeak 3.
    TeamSpeak 3 cannot write to the configuration file:
    c:/program files/config/settings.db
    You can use TeamSpeak 3, but all settings will be lost!
    I dont know how to solve this.
    Thanks
    Last edited by dante696; October 15th, 2014 at 10:50 PM. Reason: using the search feature on forum helps

teamspeak 3 cannot write to the configuration file, please help nothing is working :(

Whenever I open up The ts3 client it says teamspeak 3 cannot write to the configuration file. I have ran as an administrator,I have pressed the ignore button. But it just closes the program, I really need help .

Error on load up

an error comes up when i click the short cut from my desktop:

"TeamSpeak 3 cannot write the the configuration file:
    C:\Users\Name\AppData\Roaming\TS3Client\Settings.d b

You can use TeamSpeak 3, but all settings will be lost!"

I press ignore and it takes about 1 min for a message saying close programme or search online for salution and i press that and it can never find anything, i have unistalled and reinstalled several times. every time with the same error message!!!

Can someone please help as me fix this? and i don't want to factory reset just in case it doesn't work!!!

Client Startup Error

Forgive me if this has already been covered. after 10 min. searching I figured I would post anyway.

Computer stats:
    6 core AMD Phenom II
    8 gig ram
    windows 7 home premium
    all drivers updated, including video, audio and any and all connected devices
    Using client Ver. 3.0.16

Logged in with the usual admin user I've always used with the client etc.

I get this error message
    (see Attached pic)
    Thanks for your help

...Seal...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by dante696; June 25th, 2015 at 08:00 AM. Reason: merged

You chose an unfortunate combination during installation, Which is selecting to put the config into the ts3 folder and install that into your programs folder.
    Hence, the config subfolder is subject to UAC, which denies write access, admin user or not.
    Either install to a location not covered by UAC or choose localappdata as config location during installation, avoiding mentioned combo.

Client Startup Error

Thank you for your reply.

The only problem with that theory is that UAC has been completely disabled on this machine since WIN7 was installed OEM BEFORE Drivers, and anything UAC related were setup. UAC is still completely disabled this did not start happening until the last update as there was no problem before said update as I've used TS3 on this machine for over 2 years without UAC... What am I missing?

Your User has permissions do write into that folder.

Please solve this by re-installing the client and do not choose store configuration in program folder.
    Last edited by dante696; May 9th, 2017 at 07:24 AM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

follow up

This has NOT been resolved. looks like an admin just merged my topic with another, and the problem still exists.

Teamspeak should NOT have a problem writing to ANY file if the UAC is disabled regardless of the installation options as long as the user is logged in that installed the software. This goes for just about any windows program.

This is the problem. Please fix this or come up with an alternate solution because I guarantee there is a very large number of client users who prefer NOT to use UAC and shouldn't be seeing this problem since they already (me included) have it disabled and have been using TS3 without issues until recently as my post says.

Thank you for your help and time, I hope this is actually resolved, as the title description of this thread is incorrect.

...Seal...

Resovled for sure

All I had to do was take the advice given here. WHILE IT IS POSSIBLE to get it to work the way I had it before, It's a heck of a lot easier the way I did it. I just reinstalled and then took the old profile configs and overwrote the new ones giving back all my bookmarks and settings. Thanks for the help, and such an amazing product. Cheers

...Seal...

Can not start TS3.

NO matter what I do. I have read the forums, ad tried various solutions here. All TS3 does is start multiple process just repeatedly, and then a majority if not all give the error that it can NOT write to settings.db. I do not know what to do. I even installed the 34 bit version ot see if that worked.... I installed everywhere..

Using 8.1 x64
    Intel Core I3-3120m
    Last edited by dante696; June 30th, 2015 at 10:13 AM. Reason: post merged / thread merged

(Fix) It worked for me.

When installing I chose to instal in "installation Folder". Then it worked. No more Multi-Processes or anything. So far so good. Will respond in future with Details of how things are faring. I don't even get error messages.

Thread Information