Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NPO-License Questions

Hey,
    does the 512 Slots maximum counts per IP Adress? or per machine?
    and...
    can i offer Webspace for Money over another IP then i host Teamspeak and still use NPO-License?

An NPL is assigned to only ONE person and applies to a single non-profit entity regardless of how many physical servers the entity has in its possession or control.
    The 512 slots is for 1 NPL. Those can be on 1 virtual server or up to 10 with a max of 512 slots total between all servers.

http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=faq&c..._how_to_obtain

so i mustn't make profit anyway? even if not with teamspeak

I believe this is meant that you cannot make a profit off your teamspeak while using a NPL. (i.e. no renting out a server to someone)

i just want to offer paid webspace ^^

Best would be to contact Triton and ask about it.

TS on another host?

Hi!
    My society hoster does not provide installing TS-server. Is it possible to get NPL if site is on one hosting and TS-server would be on another one?
    Thanks.

Hi, I'm currently running a game community/guild called Anscheluss Gaming and I'm quite confused why you need a website when most websites you have to pay for. We're a non profit gaming community and don't have the means to get a domain name, we just operate through our current TS admin, but we're thinking about getting our own. How is it possible to get a NPL and not have to create a website?

Quote Originally Posted by ove bababoke View Post
    Hi!
    My society hoster does not provide installing TS-server. Is it possible to get NPL if site is on one hosting and TS-server would be on another one?
    Thanks.
    The IP of the TeamSpeak server doesn't have to be the same as that of the website.

Quote Originally Posted by ikpowell View Post
    Hi, I'm currently running a game community/guild called Anscheluss Gaming and I'm quite confused why you need a website when most websites you have to pay for. We're a non profit gaming community and don't have the means to get a domain name, we just operate through our current TS admin, but we're thinking about getting our own. How is it possible to get a NPL and not have to create a website?
    You cannot, you need to meet all the requirements to get an NPL.

Hi all.
    First time here.
    We need some help please.
    We are a simracing community, non profit.
    Our member list is getting larger everyday and 32 slots are way to few to our needs now.
    Problems is that we are unable to create a custom email since our site is hosted by enjin.com
    Is there any thing we can do to bypass this question? As i said, everything in our community is free of charge and we do not have any donations in our space.
    Cheers and sorry if this question is allready answered in the fórum.
    Cheers.
    Last edited by Chris; April 30th, 2013 at 09:21 AM.

hello i host my team speak 3 off my personal computer i would like to get the NPO License but my group page is a facebook group does that qualify as a domain?? the name of the group is part of are internet address

Quote Originally Posted by Valter Cardoso View Post
    Problems is that we are unable to create a custom email since our site is hosted by enjin.com
    Is there any thing we can do to bypass this question?
    No, all requirements must be met.

Quote Originally Posted by FCVPI99 View Post
    hello i host my team speak 3 off my personal computer i would like to get the NPO License but my group page is a facebook group does that qualify as a domain?? the name of the group is part of are internet address
    No it does not, and you also need to specify a static IP address on which you intend to run the server on.

LOL ok but if a group can afford there own domain they would be making profit but anyways guess il look to a different program for are needs

or is there a way i can get about 30ish more slots? so a total of about 60ish
    Last edited by Chris; May 2nd, 2013 at 08:38 AM.

You do realize you can get a .com/.org/.net for <$10 per year right?

why would i pay for something that i already have set up though a FB group and it works great ?

Thread Information