Forum

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Question

I soo can't wait for the Official TeamSpeak 3 Web Interface... Is there gonna be implementation for like:
    Create/Edit/Remove channels, Editing server ports,
    Create/edit/remove groups & permissions, give/take user's permissions,
    more in-depth stuff like that..?
    I'm not sure what all you can do with the Query, so that's why I personally am hoping that its gonna be detailed with features...

What going on with the implementing from the low latency codes? Many User with DSL Light cant use the TS3.
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthread.php?t=48424
    Ludwig wrote the implementing from the low latency codes is on your to do list? But this was on 03.02, two months ago?

Quote Originally Posted by DVC*MadMetzi View Post
    What going on with the implementing from the low latency codes? Many User with DSL Light cant use the TS3.
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthread.php?t=48424
    Ludwig wrote the implementing from the low latency codes is on your to do list? But this was on 03.02, two months ago?
    Ground work for this has been done, some more work is required to complete it. It will be added in one of the coming beta releases.
    You think my answer is stupid ? Read This:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ons.html#intro

In a world without fences and walls - who needs windows and gates ?

Quote Originally Posted by gevatter View Post
    happy eastern all folks and a question:

when the release arrives, is it possible to update from the beta to the release with the old database?
    Would be interesting to know, since i use mySQL and it would be cool if i could keep all channels and so on

What about some higher quality codecs? Would love to see some 44 kHz to compete with Vent

Quote Originally Posted by Mikobiko View Post
    What about some higher quality codecs? Would love to see some 44 kHz to compete with Vent
    Why do you need a 44khz codec if you already have a 48khz Codec?

Quote Originally Posted by -SnAkE- View Post
    Why do you need a 44khz codec if you already have a 48khz Codec?
    CELT is terrible

Why do you make a video with German subtitles, but you come from Germany?

Why only English English English, alone is something like the forum here has become confusing, since there are no more German.
    And the translation of Google or Sun what is also fürn ass.
    Since it is so forced as a German on other sites to get some help.

CELT is terrible
    Only when talking to people with not good enough internet connections, or on servers that are overloaded.
    You think my answer is stupid ? Read This:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ons.html#intro

In a world without fences and walls - who needs windows and gates ?

what do you mean? GSM codec in ventrilo? that wont work on the macintosh clients of ventrilo, so in terms of competing TS already outdoes them on that easily.

Speex only goes up to 32khz anyway, which is fine.
    and the 32khz speex codec that TS uses sounds better to me than the GSM one, which is less bitrate.

Celt is a good codec, its a shame that some ISP's rip their customers off by not providing them basic upload speeds. 13 kB/s is nothing really. combining it even with gaming, say TF2- uses 6-7 KB/S. so really you need a min of 20 KB/s upload speed to use it and game ( in multiplayers)

The codec is not the problem, the internet connection is.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Only when talking to people with not good enough internet connections, or on servers that are overloaded.
    Don't sure about it. We're only 3 people on server. 15, 10 and 5 mbps inet speed and server on 10 mbps pc and sound really sux while on ts2 full server with 29.5 speex sound is clear.
    And in addition why don't u add old codecs for users with bad connection? I don't think i's very difficult...

I am not sure TS3 is quite ready for release.

I have my server running 24/7 with people logged in all the time. If someone stays connected to the server for more than 24 hours at once, one of two things happens.

1 - Their voices become all garbled and they either sound like they are under water or like they are gargling water while trying to speak at the same time.

2 - This is more common than the first, but not by much. Their voices get cut off. Even with the addition of the chat release delay option, their last 1-2 words get cut off and it is sometimes hard to tell what people are trying to say because of it.

The only solutions I have found so far (and all users report these problems, mind you) is to have people restart their clients. It is the only thing that fixes it.

Currently, my server has been up for 8 days, 9 hours and 52 minutes. There is always at least two people logged in chatting or even just sitting idle, waiting for someone to talk.

Anyway, if I can help you to track this down in some way I would be more than happy to do so. Right now, it is extremely annoying and happens a lot on multiple platforms running different hardware. Some users are XP, some are Vista, some Windows 7, one is Linux and 3 others are Mac users. It happens to everyone at some point if they remain logged in for a long period of time.

I have exactly the same problem
    Would be happy to help tracking the bug too.

As you said, most common is the first exemple.

Can you guys who have your client open 24+ hours please keep track of memory usage and report back if you think there is a leak?

Thread Information