Forum

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by maggy View Post
    Can you guys who have your client open 24+ hours please keep track of memory usage and report back if you think there is a leak?
    I've checked it before, it is not the server. It is the clients.

When people tell me that my voice is garbled, the client is using like 14MB of memory, server is usually between 8MB and 15MB depending on users who are logged in at the time.

Restarting the client always solves the problem. So I am calling it a client problem and not a server problem.

Ran my Win7 64bit client all night, after just over 16 hours the memory usage went from 18,848 to 17,336....

Yes, it went from higher to lower. This is with it minimized to the tray both times.

So I'm not seeing the problem on my end. Not that there isn't one... just I can't see a memory leak from what I do anyway.

how about IPv6 Support?. I would love to have that it would fit in nicely with my host on my on pc.
    http://ipv6.aod999.ca

After 34h of teamspeak running, memory usage is at 53'084K.

Now i'll restart it .... .... ... ... ... ... ...

Memory usage : 30'264K

Sys :

Win7 64Bit
    4GB memory
    Ts3 client (64bit too :P ) up to date with a skin (no plugin or so).

These memory usage figures do not look alarming to me - I highly doubt they have anything to do with your "garbled sound" problem. My best guess at the garbled sound issue is a sound driver bug, some kind of overflow taking place...but I am not sure. Can you test with a different soundcard to see if the problem is hardware specific? (Use some usb headset/soundcard for example).
    You think my answer is stupid ? Read This:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ons.html#intro

In a world without fences and walls - who needs windows and gates ?

hmm actually i can't, the only think i could try is to use my other computer under linux but i have to find another mic xD

As of the driver, i use my onboard soundcard with uptodate drivers...

But will see what i can do to have further tests

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    These memory usage figures do not look alarming to me - I highly doubt they have anything to do with your "garbled sound" problem. My best guess at the garbled sound issue is a sound driver bug, some kind of overflow taking place...but I am not sure. Can you test with a different soundcard to see if the problem is hardware specific? (Use some usb headset/soundcard for example).
    If you read my posts, you will see I do not suspect a memory leak. In fact, I even explained that it happens on every platform that connects to my server from Windows XP to Vista to Windows 7 to Linux to Mac OS X.

If this is a driver bug, it is in the TeamSpeak client, not the sound software. Not on all of these different platforms running different sound cards with different drivers.

Example:
    My sound is an Asus Xonar D2
    My friend running XP is using on-board RealTek
    Another friend is using a Sound Blaster Audigy 2

Those are just examples. This can't be a driver issue. It can't... unless TS is causing the issue, anyway.

well it happens to my friends, all of them if they are on for a long period. i dont know when it exactly kicks in but when i check their online time, they have been online for over 1 day.

I have seen it only occur on windows, but since 70% of the people i know are on windows maby that doesent mean anything.

I can't see it being a sound card issue particular to one person. This happens on my server as well.

As another example, after several hours I notice my voice activation starts to lag 2-3seconds but I still sound perfect just everything is delayed.

Would be nice with a confirmation of FreeBSD support in the upcoming final version. My community is currently stuck on beta12. The "you are running an outdated client/server version" messages are a bit annoying :P

/Griws

Quote Originally Posted by Griwswold View Post
    Would be nice with a confirmation of FreeBSD support in the upcoming final version. My community is currently stuck on beta12. The "you are running an outdated client/server version" messages are a bit annoying :P

/Griws
    Sorry I can't confirm that, that is planned for after release. What I could try to do is kick boost long enough to not use the kpoll method which should allow you to use a new version in the linux emulation mode....

So you asked about checking drivers, information on why it isn't a driver issue unless TS3 is causing it was given, and now no more answers. Not even a "we will look into this" response.

Guys... we're trying to help you release a polished product, but if you continually ignore the information you are given then that will never be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by T.S. Excreta View Post
    Not even a "we will look into this" response.
    we will look into this

we will look into this
    Your warm and glowing cynicism is just wonderful.

Why release a beta if you really only listen to the 5 original alpha testers where bugs and performance issues are concerned?

@T.S. Excreta
    They listen to all of us even if they don't always reply to us. Their job is more than surfing the forums and replying to posts.

Thread Information