Forum

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    we will look into this
    I rofld in my pants :P

Quote Originally Posted by poisonpanik View Post
    @T.S. Excreta
    They listen to all of us even if they don't always reply to us. Their job is more than surfing the forums and replying to posts.
    But they replied, asking for information and for us to check on things. We replied with our information just to not even hear anything back.

I realize they work on the applications and all, but to ask and then not even say "ok, thanks" or even "we will check it out" is unacceptable. A great many people do not run their own servers on their own hardware, which means a great deal of people rent servers. People who will potentially pay money to use this in one way or another deserve at least some sort of response, even if it is to say thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBrooks View Post
    I rofld in my pants :P
    Cool story, sister.

When exactly do you expect to get the TS3 final stage released?

Quote Originally Posted by T.S. Excreta View Post
    But they replied, asking for information and for us to check on things. We replied with our information just to not even hear anything back.

I realize they work on the applications and all, but to ask and then not even say "ok, thanks" or even "we will check it out" is unacceptable. A great many people do not run their own servers on their own hardware, which means a great deal of people rent servers. People who will potentially pay money to use this in one way or another deserve at least some sort of response, even if it is to say thank you.
    Granted, Peters reply could be taken as humorous or he could be completely serious. Either way, text is hard to read.

In any case, do you know how many posts are here per day? I can't speak for teamspeak but i am an active reader. A lot of people don't use the search function and a lot of questions and ideas have already been discussed and answered. Having them respond to everyone would be ludicrous, which i think you already know that so i won't talk anymore about it.

As an alpha tester, i am able to see the bug tracker and on there i see multiple entries that are directed back to a forum post whether it be a bug or a suggestion. It says something like, people in the forums want this and then link it back here. And the amount of responses from official teamspeak people have grown exponentially since TS2. I think they are doing well reading and replying to a lot of posts.

I'm pretty sure we've (meaning you and I) already had a discussion like this already.

Only to tell, tested on my linux box, same problem with the sound
    So, seams it's not linked to the sound drivers.

And for the answer, i Loled too.
    But, if you had another idea from something to test to find out where it could comes from, pease tell us

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroTKA View Post
    Granted, Peters reply could be taken as humorous or he could be completely serious. Either way, text is hard to read.

In any case, do you know how many posts are here per day? I can't speak for teamspeak but i am an active reader. A lot of people don't use the search function and a lot of questions and ideas have already been discussed and answered. Having them respond to everyone would be ludicrous, which i think you already know that so i won't talk anymore about it.

As an alpha tester, i am able to see the bug tracker and on there i see multiple entries that are directed back to a forum post whether it be a bug or a suggestion. It says something like, people in the forums want this and then link it back here. And the amount of responses from official teamspeak people have grown exponentially since TS2. I think they are doing well reading and replying to a lot of posts.

I'm pretty sure we've (meaning you and I) already had a discussion like this already.
    What does ANY of that have to do with the fact that Peter asked for something to be looked into by USERS (drivers in this case) and then failing to even acknowledge the returned information?

Sure, we have discussed before how the team are reading the forums more and whatnot, but they are moving to release TS3 as official when it still has some glaring performance issues. My original message in this is that the people testing the open beta WANT this product to be as close to perfect as possible on release but that if the team keeps ignoring even the information THEY ask for, it will be next to impossible for it to happen.

My original message in this is that the people testing the open beta WANT this product to be as close to perfect as possible on release but that if the team keeps ignoring even the information THEY ask for, it will be next to impossible for it to happen.
    Not replying to your forum post isn't the same as ignoring what you posted. Sure, confirmation is nice and I'd be the first to say in a perfect world, we'd get it, every time.

Note: The world isn't perfect.

What does ANY of that have to do with the fact that Peter asked for something to be looked into by USERS (drivers in this case) and then failing to even acknowledge the returned information?
    My point was summed up nicely by trekkan.

Quote Originally Posted by Trekkan View Post
    Not replying to your forum post isn't the same as ignoring what you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Trekkan View Post
    Not replying to your forum post isn't the same as ignoring what you posted. Sure, confirmation is nice and I'd be the first to say in a perfect world, we'd get it, every time.

Note: The world isn't perfect.
    Why respond at all asking for information? How does he have time to post OTHER comments to OTHER issues, but not the ones he asked about? Why does he have time to reply with unprofessional, snide and sarcastic remarks but somehow has no time to say "thanks for checking for me, I will pass this on?"

Seriously. I am not asking for perfection. I am asking them to follow up on what they need to follow up on. I am sorry you want to simply sit back and hope they make a final release which will be full of voice bugs, but I am TRYING to help them NOT do that.

My point was summed up nicely by trekkan.
    Not nicely enough, it would seem.

You people always want to simply shoot over the point rather than nail down the problems. Alpha testers like you are only helping to hold this project back and ensure that it will be released with a ton of bugs.

Those are some interesting accusations there. I feel like you're just trolling so we are done. Perhaps you aren't but in any case maybe someone else can explain to you because apparently you and i are never on the same page.
    Last edited by ZeroTKA; April 28th, 2010 at 11:39 PM.

When I asked about memory usage over 24+ hours I was referring to the client, not the server. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Those are some interesting accusations there. I feel like you're just trolling so we are done. Perhaps you aren't but in any case maybe someone else can explain to you because apparently you and i are never on the same page.
    If I were trolling, you would be crying in a corner somewhere. Do not accuse someone of trolling just because they showed your answers are wrong which, in this case, they simply are.

Be as "done" as you want to be. It doesn't change the FACT that glaring issues which still exist in the client AND server will eventually be pushed into release because of people like you who deny they exist, even though the forums are full of questions about said issues.

I am done with you. You are a glorified fanboy for this software/company and nothing more. Good luck, TeamSpeak, I am sure your customers will show you how well they understand the problems with your software when they seek something else, like the next release of Ventrilo.

What of Channel Commander functionality? It was mentioned as being added during the beta - haven't seen it yet, and it's the one thing preventing my community from switching over fully to TS3. It'd be welcome to have a rough updated ETA on when that's planned for.

Thread Information