Forum

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dslyecxi View Post
    What of Channel Commander functionality? It was mentioned as being added during the beta - haven't seen it yet, and it's the one thing preventing my community from switching over fully to TS3. It'd be welcome to have a rough updated ETA on when that's planned for.
    They said it was going to be added as a whisper functionality and they are doing a whisper overhaul for this release so i imagine this next release there will be something that will be like channel commander.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroTKA View Post
    They said it was going to be added as a whisper functionality and they are doing a whisper overhaul for this release so i imagine this next release there will be something that will be like channel commander.
    No. The Channel Commander feature will not return in TeamSpeak 3. Instead the devs are implementing a far more flexible functionality. You'll be allowed to whisper to server/channel groups.

Yes. Thank you for the clarifying my statement.

Yes. Thank you for the clarifying my statement.
    Anytime my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by ScP View Post
    No. The Channel Commander feature will not return in TeamSpeak 3. Instead the devs are implementing a far more flexible functionality. You'll be allowed to whisper to server/channel groups.
    Awesome!!! Will we be able to restrict these whispers to specific channels, too? For example, I want to whisper to channel group "Squad leaders" but only for people in a specific channel, not on the entire server.

Yes, being able to target a channel is pretty much a must for me. Channel groups, while nice, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by ScP View Post
    Will this allow you to toggle on/off these channel groups with a keypress? Will it give you control over what set of channels your whisper goes to?

In short - can you get the exact same functionality as TS2 channel commander with this, if desired?

The original whisper functionality was touted as "replacing" channel commander - it really did not accomplish this, so excuse my skepticism regarding this "far more flexible" system that's supposedly on the way.

Another question, will it finally be done, that channel admin can only kick/ban from the channel they are CA insteed of the server ?

CA's can kick from channel already. I'm not sure if ban from channel will be implemented. There are other ways to simulate this though.

Quote Originally Posted by T.S. Excreta View Post
    If I were trolling, you would be crying in a corner somewhere. Do not accuse someone of trolling just because they showed your answers are wrong which, in this case, they simply are.

Be as "done" as you want to be. It doesn't change the FACT that glaring issues which still exist in the client AND server will eventually be pushed into release because of people like you who deny they exist, even though the forums are full of questions about said issues.

I am done with you. You are a glorified fanboy for this software/company and nothing more. Good luck, TeamSpeak, I am sure your customers will show you how well they understand the problems with your software when they seek something else, like the next release of Ventrilo.
    You might not be trolling but you are crying. He might not have replied to your post giving information to them, that could be for many reasons such as he was waiting to get a responce from these sound cards after they had been tested.
    It could be that he thought you're just an idiot that didn't deserve his time to post a few words (I think it's this one)
    He might have just forgotten, we are human you know. We can't have the memory of a computer, he must have a lot of things to so it could have just slipped his mind to reply to you.

CA's can kick from channel already. I'm not sure if ban from channel will be implemented. There are other ways to simulate this though.
    Yeah, but in the permission you cannot define if the kick is channel only or server only. When you give the kick permission for a CA he can kick from channel, AND server... or did I really miss something with the permission this time ?

Devs have confirmed that a "kick from channel" permission will be added... Right now it's based on your move power.

Ok, good to know.
    Would be good too, to have a ban from channel perm.

Quote Originally Posted by TotoIsBack View Post
    Ok, good to know.
    Would be good too, to have a ban from channel perm.
    This has been requested already
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showpost....51&postcount=2

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Sorry I can't confirm that, that is planned for after release. What I could try to do is kick boost long enough to not use the kpoll method which should allow you to use a new version in the linux emulation mode....
    That would be a very nice workaround until native FreeBSD support is available.

Sorry for the slow reply but thread subscription doesn't seem to work for me.

/Griws

Thread Information