Forum

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    SKIP
    Since it is sometimes desirable to prevent Channel Groups (Tier 4) to overwrite permissions that you received through your Server Group
    there is the "Skip" flag. If a permission in either Server Group (Tier 1) or Client Specific Permissions (Tier 2) has the skip flag set,
    this permission will not be altered by any overlapping permission in the Channel Groups (Tier 4) layer.

NEGATE

Sometimes you might want to create a Server Group that negatively affects the users that are put into it. For example a "Sticky"
    group that disallows switching of channels or a "Silent" group that removes the privileges to talk from the clients that receive
    it. To allow this the negate flag can be added to permissions in a server group. If you are member of a group that has a permission
    flagged with the negate flag, you will not receive the highest value of this permission, but rather the lowest that is flagged with
    negate.
    Grabbed that out of the permissions document that comes with the server. Not the most simple explanation. An example of skip is when I wanted users to be able to ban for 300 seconds in the clan group. SA were also in the SA group that could ban infinite but being in both groups the permission system automatically used 300 since it was the largest number (-1 is infinite) so I set a skip flag on the SA ban permission so it always uses -1 and not 300. I have not used negate for anything.

I am still searching for the permission for this problem but so far I have not figured it out.

**EDIT**

When I removed i_permission_modify_power from the SA group using the adminserverquery I got the same error. When I add this permission to another group (clan members) I still get this error even if it is set to 100. Now I'm confused...

Yea, i just tried this also and the permission modify power does not seem to affect the "b_client_is_priority_speaker", even when you enforce the "Needed permission modify power"/"Grant" values of that permission to a value lower than the permission modify power.

Also, i can't see why is the default SA group able to change that permission, and a group with similar permissions isn't. This got to be a bug...

This whole set of permissions and the respective "Needed permission modify power"/"Grant" velues seriously need to be revised.

Ok, so I am not going crazy... Thanks for looking at this!

Last edited by poisonpanik; April 7th, 2010 at 09:05 AM.

You guys are close but you're missing one thing.

I started from a fresh install and i changed 2 permissions for the server guest group to allow them to toggle priority speaker.

1. i_permission_modify_power (added value of 75)
    2. b_client_is_priority_speaker (added grant of 75)

edit: These values can be edited to suite your needs

Edit2: Here are what the values Skip and Negate mean. Skip=override all, Negate=take lowest
    Last edited by ZeroTKA; April 6th, 2010 at 09:29 PM.

You are right, it worked...but the thing is, that doesn't make sense. At least, not according to the real purpose of the "Grant" value, which is "Needed modify power", according to the documentation.

This is what i mean when i said that the permission sets need to be revised.

Ok i testet these settings and it works!

server group : "Clan Admin"

i_permission_modify_power "75"
    b_client_is_priority_speaker "grant" "75"

so easy but right ;-)

thx a lot

!!! Edit !!!
    it works also:
    Server Group "Clan Admin"
    i_permission_modify_power "55"
    b_client_is_priority_speaker "grant" "55"

because my group "Clan Admin" has the max level of 55 at all settings!!!

HElpp

I need help so bad right now , i want to change settings like i want to put numbers next to players name or give them flag but i can't do it can you pleae reply as soon as possible thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterberk View Post
    I need help so bad right now , i want to change settings like i want to put numbers next to players name or give them flag but i can't do it can you pleae reply as soon as possible thank you
    This is the wrong thread! Please search for "Icon" in our forum.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroTKA View Post
    You guys are close but you're missing one thing.

I started from a fresh install and i changed 2 permissions for the server guest group to allow them to toggle priority speaker.

1. i_permission_modify_power (added value of 75)
    2. b_client_is_priority_speaker (added grant of 75)

edit: These values can be edited to suite your needs

Edit2: Here are what the values Skip and Negate mean. Skip=override all, Negate=take lowest

Hi there,
    I know this thread is an old one but maybe someone reads this.
    I tried the same as posted before but for me that does not work.
    I can not figure out why.
    Any ideas?

To be able to use priority speaker you need the following permissions:

• i_channel_permission_modify_power
    • i_permission_modify_power = 1
    • i_needed_modify_power_client_is_priority_speaker = 1 (Grant value for b_client_is_priority_speaker)

for the i_channel_permission_modify_power you need to have it's value at least equal to the channels' i_channel_needed_permission_modify_power of the channel in which you want to use priority speaker.
    As such you can even specify in which channel(s) someone can use priority speaker.

Priority Speaker to Channel Admins

Hey guys! Love you all.

I have a question here. I tried searching this in the forums and couldn't find it, but I'm sure this has been asked, so I apologize.

1) How can I allow Channel Admins to assign priority speaker to people in their channel?

Thanks so much!

<3 / Jess

Check that channel admins have a i_channel_permission_modify_power equal to or greater than the i_channel_needed_permission_modify_power set on the channel permissions. You will also need to check that they have the correct values for i_client_permission_modify_power & i_client_needed_permission_modify_power

I put 5 for i_channel_permission_modify_power and 5 for i_channel_needed_permission_modify_power on the channel permissions. I also put 5 for i_client_permission_modify_power & i_client_needed_permission_modify_power. Still did not seem to work. What did I do wrong?

Thanks much.
    Jess

Try giving them a value for i_permission_modify_power as well.

[Search] Audio Controll

Hi,

i search for an addon that controll the audio of all client in the channel, so that when someone i selected start speaking that all other in the channel undertone a little bit so that only the selcted (or the 3/4 selected) has the normal audio level. after he finish the audio level from the others rise again to normal.. like moderator but client specific

Thanks

Thread Information