Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

[Suggestion] Security Level by IP address or IP Range

I've seen how you might want to ban a user but they keep coming back with a new IP address and Identity

And because you want an open system that is easy for users to connect to, you don't want to increase the security level for everyone on the server.

If you implement an IP range ban, then more users are affected then the one user you want to ban.

Why not add a security level for that range of IP addresses. Users will still be able to get in, it will just take a little longer for that range.

Then the user that you want to keep out will have a much harder time getting back on the server every time they are banned

All the other users will not be affected.

what about security level is defined by server group?

eg

Guest: 30
    Normal:10
    Server Admin: Bypass

I like your suggestion.

To get in the normal group you have to log in as guest first which requires you to raise your level to 30. So all normal should be at 30 then.

That would make everyone require level 30, which is pretty much how it works now.

With an IP range, we're just trying to make it hard for the one person to get back in, and we will inconvenience a few more people, but not everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by sgtrwe View Post
    To get in the normal group you have to log in as guest first which requires you to raise your level to 30. So all normal should be at 30 then.

That would make everyone require level 30, which is pretty much how it works now.

With an IP range, we're just trying to make it hard for the one person to get back in, and we will inconvenience a few more people, but not everyone.
    no you can bypass the guest group with a one-time token option when connecting. i am assuming this works because i banned myself on my server and gave myself a server admin token, I tried connecting and it had indeed banned me. i then tried connecting with the one time token and it bypassed the ban check and added me into it. so I am assuming it could work this way with security.

As I promised, I wrote it down as a feature request and asked peter for this.

Update for this Todo

Update: We will not add this into the server.
    Last edited by Chris; January 9th, 2015 at 12:38 PM.

Thread Information