Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

How can I add a ServerQuery User

Edit by mod
    Please note. Be carefull if you want add a new identity or yourself in this specific group. This groups is like the last way to manage your Teamspeak instance if you "broke" something.
    Don't follow this thread if you don't know exactly what you do or want to do.

Hi Guys!
    Been working on an admin program for TS3, running commands via ServerQuery. When a server is added i'd like the program to automatically add a ServerQuery login for the SA group of the virtual server that's been created.
    I know this is possible by logging on to the server via the TS3 client, but id like it to be automated. Can't find the ServerQuery command in the manual or on the net, anybody know it?
    Last edited by florian_fr40; December 20th, 2011 at 02:28 PM.

I don't know exactly what you mean, but i tryto help.

This command helps you to add an user into a server group.
    servergroupaddclient sgid={groupID} cldbid={clientDBID}

This command creates a token for server group "Server Admin"
    tokenadd tokentype=0 tokenid1=6 tokenid2=0

Speaking of ServerQuery...
    Is there a way to create a "real" SQ-User like the original superadmin is?
    Meaning, this user is for login in SQ only (and not client)?

(Note: Its maybe possible by editing the database, but you have to get and enter the crypted password first).

Thanks.

@dante696 using servergroupaddclient will add a client that is already in the servers client database to a relevant server group.
    This still requires a user to have logged onto the server beforehand.
    I want to be able to do:
    a). add a user to the client database
    b). add that client to the right group

a is the problem.

Also, what Alcazar has said about a SQ-only user would be useful, does this exist?

Quote Originally Posted by Alcazar View Post
    Speaking of ServerQuery...
    Is there a way to create a "real" SQ-User like the original superadmin is?
    Meaning, this user is for login in SQ only (and not client)?

(Note: Its maybe possible by editing the database, but you have to get and enter the crypted password first).

Thanks.
    You can add your user into the server query admin group (with an token as example). And then you can login with that user into the voice server and create your own login under Tools > ServerQuery Login. This login can be used like the serveradmin on server start.

Quote Originally Posted by Medalgod View Post
    @dante696 using servergroupaddclient will add a client that is already in the servers client database to a relevant server group.
    This still requires a user to have logged onto the server beforehand.
    I want to be able to do:
    a). add a user to the client database
    b). add that client to the right group

a is the problem.

Also, what Alcazar has said about a SQ-only user would be useful, does this exist?
    You can use the token function to give him a special group on connect.
    He can use it after connect or during connect in Bookmarks > more.
    Last edited by dante696; November 24th, 2011 at 08:51 AM.

You can add your user into the server query admin group (with an token as example). And then you can login with that user into the voice server and create your own login under Tools > ServerQuery Login. This login can be used like the serveradmin on server start.
    I have the same wish as Alcazar.

I would like to create a user that connects from localhost using telnet.
    I thought I could add the client manualy in the MySQL DB but I don't know how to generate the password.

In fact I use PHP to connect to the server (Debian Linux, Term only, no standard TS voice client installed), like phpbot does. But I would like to connect using a user that is not serveradmin. Is that possible ?

Quote Originally Posted by JeanBzh View Post
    But I would like to connect using a user that is not serveradmin. Is that possible ?
    Yes, this is possible.

I did it this way:
    Just use your Teamspeak 3 Client, create a new identity and connect with this to your server. Give this user the permission to create a server query login and click on menu Tools -> ServerQuery Login. Enter a new ServerQuery login details, which you can use later. Just add this user to a server group you like and/or add client permissions you need.

Don't forget to switch back to your normal identity for the TS3 Client, after you did the above.

Thumbs up

I think the ability to add a "pure" ServerQuery account like the default serveradmin would be a good addition to the TS3 feature-set. Of course there are a lot of other more important tasks on the devs todo list...

ok and then I can erase the newly created client unique ID directly in the MySQL database. Serveradmin unique id is 'serveradmin', I believe it's safe to replace the unique identifier of the new client with something like 'ServerQueryOnly' after it's login/pass are created. This way no connection but ServerQuery connection is possible ?

Is there a possibility of adding a server query user that has access to just a single virtual server or does every server query admin have to be able to control all of virtual servers?

It's a global group for all server. Please don't play with the querry admin :-(
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

If you grant normal users the permission to create a serverquery login, it will be only valid for the server their on.
    Only ServerQuery Groups are global like Dante said.

Sry if im necroing this thread, but it is in relation to this. I use a program called TeamSync for BF3 which auto moves players to what team/squad their in in game. It uses serverquerylogin for this.
    I dont like the idea of it using main serverquery.
    1, it seems a little insecure and
    2, if you have text to speech on the user that moves you is a loooooooong name.

My question is, if a create a new user, give it the permissions it needs to carry out the commands to move people around as needed, does that user have to be logged into teamspeak at all times, or just by logging into that users serverquerylogin enough?

Awesome. TY

Thread Information