Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

[Solved] Server Prompt Quickly Closes

I use WinAce v2.69 to open my teamspeak3 server folder and click on ts3-server_win32.exe to open my server prompt like normal...now when i click on the file, the prompt comes up for a split second and then goes away closing my ts3 server...because of this, i cannot host the server.

In other words---
    Using WinAce, it extracts the files when i click on ts3-server_win.exe and then the prompt comes up for a second and then goes away. It does this every time i open the program...how can i fix this so i can actually open up the prompt and host the server? All of a sudden this occurred and it doesn't make any sense that it just closes itself....

Have you tried extracting all the files to a folder and then running the server? My guess is that the server file is attempting to access another file that has not been extracted and cannot do so which causes it to stop running.

Ts3-server_win32.exe is the only application file that extracts other files...when I open it up, it extracts the files and says all files have been extracted and completed, then the control prompt opens up and closes in a split second....could this be a memory problem?

What exactly are you doing? When you download the file from teamspeak.com where do you save it? Once you save it what are you doing?
    Last edited by poisonpanik; April 10th, 2010 at 05:02 PM.

Well, extract the files completely first, and then run the exe. If you open it from inside the folder, you're basically running it from a temp folder, which is not a good idea. There's also a log folder you can check for errors.

Quote Originally Posted by MoXNoX View Post
    Well, extract the files completely first, and then run the exe. If you open it from inside the folder, you're basically running it from a temp folder, which is not a good idea. There's also a log folder you can check for errors.
    I have been opening the file directly in the folder and then extracting...that might be the problem...ill check it out.

FYI: I am saving it in C:\Users\<username>\Downloads, opening the folder, then clicking on the application file: ts3server_win32.exe.

Ill mess with the above option and look for any errors.

EDIT: When i open up the application file ts3server_win32.exe.....it automatically extracts the files there and then opens the command prompt immediately(closing thereafter). How do i "manually" extract the files and/or extract the files before the file ts3server_win32.exe is opened?

You said you are using WinACE. I would bet if you right click on the archive there will be an EXTRACT option in your right click menu. The entire folder in the archive ( teamspeak3-server_win32 ) needs to be extracted. Don't open the teamspeak3-server_win32 folder and find the .exe file.

Attached is a screen shot of my right click menu. I use 7zip as my archive manager. The 2nd one is what my archive file looks like when I just double click it. It opens up 7zip so I can view the contents but I still have to extract the folder. Don't just double click the folder

Take a look at the official tutorial http://www.youtube.com/teamspeak#p/u/1/qa8T6KM9_go
    Last edited by poisonpanik; April 11th, 2010 at 10:11 AM.

Mark this SOLVED please.

OP was attempting to launch the server from inside a zip file. Once identified OP was able to launch the server successfully.

Thread Information