Forum

Kubuntu user info needed. I'm thinking of switching from mandriva.

I'm not getting much help from here on TS3 issues, and I think its because my OS is something that no one else here uses.

So, I'm thinking of Switching to Kubuntu. I am a KDE user and maybe I can figure out Debian based linux as well as I know redhat. I have a lot of projects that count on TS3 and I don't think I have any other choice but to switch OS's. This is unfortunate, but I'm willing to go that extra step to get my ducks in a row.

So, what problems will I be facing in Kubuntu with TS3? Is there anything special i need to know before I start? I will keep mandriva on here for a while as I get familiar with it, so I won't have too much to worry about hopefully.

Marcus

Only thing i know of is Pulseaudio, and thats an easy fix

You don't need to switch OS's because of that. Linux is linux, not matter which distro you are using. Most of the answers you will find for Ubuntu will work with any other distro, included Mandriva.

Can you elaborate on which is your problem ? I use Mandriva too and TS 3 works fine. The only thing I have to do always is to disable pulseaudio to get the mic working, but appart from that it works out of the box most of the times.
    Last edited by Mazter; May 24th, 2010 at 05:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazter View Post
    You don't need to switch OS's because of that. Linux is linux, not matter which distro you are using. Most of the answers you will find for Ubuntu will work with any other distro, included Mandriva.

Can you elaborate on which is your problem ? I use Mandriva too and TS 3 works fine. The only thing I have to do always is to disable pulseaudio to get the mic working, but appart from that it works out of the box most of the times.
    I do agree, no matter distro(excepted Special distro like RedHat or Centos) you'll use, linux is flexible.

Thread Information