Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Solved [Fixed] temp channel with (semi-)perm sub channel bug

I've noticed in the lasted test builds this line in the change log "- fixed that an semi-permanent channel could be created inside an temporary "

If I understand that right, you should not be able to create a (semi-)perm sub-channel in a temporary channel.

So I got to playing with client/server (10683/10698) and think the channel edit needs to be updated to not allow a parent channel to made temporary if any of the sub channels are (semi-)perm.

I can create a semi-perm channel, then create semi-perm sub-channel in first. I can put someone in either of these channels then edit the parent to be temp.

Also, once I make the parent temp I can not change the sub-channel from (semi-)perm to temp, I get error "permanent channel can not be child of non permanent channel". Should be able to make it temp without that error, but that will not matter if the parent can no longer be set to temp while there are (semi-)perm sub-channels.

I guessing this should not be allowed basic on the change log line that I read.

Thank you for this report, thats definitely another bug as mentioned in changelog .

I can't reproduce this anymore. Reopen this post, when you have any ways to reproduce that.

It has been fixed since that bug report. Just retested with client 12040/server 12002

Thread Information