Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30
  1. #1
    Join Date
    October 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,527

    TeamSpeak 3 Server 3.0.0-beta22 Available Now

    Hi folks!

    We've just built a new version (3.0.0-beta22) of the TeamSpeak 3 Server. Here's a list of changes:

    Code:
    === Server Release 3.0.0-beta22 13 April 2010
    - fixed possible crash while executing serverlist
    - clientinfo shows client_icon_id in correct int format
    - clientpermlist wont send cldbid to serverquery clients
      also returns error_database_empty_result instead of an error_ok
      if no entries were found
    - fixed that an semi-permanent channel could be created inside an temporary  
    - via commandline parameter dbpluginparameter=skipcheck the sqlite database integrity
      checks can be skipped
    - fixed that filetransfer quoatas were not reset correctly  
    - we now respect the b_client_ban_delete_own permission
    - fixed not recognizing channel permissions while using defaultchannels on client connect
    Have fun downloading! Please check out our new Bug Reports forum if you've any issues to report.

    Update of Linux/x86: The x86 linux server was requiring a unnecessary high version of glibc, this problem was fixed and the installer was replaced by an updated version.
    Last edited by Peter; April 14th, 2010 at 05:27 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    December 2009
    Location
    The Game!
    Posts
    236
    Update worked flawlessly.
    Keep up the good work!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    76
    No problems here. Works perfect.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Location
    Munich, Germany
    Posts
    9
    XP x64 as host and no problems here as well.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    November 2009
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    379

    Thumbs up

    x86 linux server is working fine, extraced fine and started fine too.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    July 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    94
    XP x86 working well, no problems.

    ToM

  7. #7
    Join Date
    December 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    57
    This is the first release i had to set chmod for the needed files manually on openSuse 11.1. Is this intended or just fortuity?

    Phil

  8. #8
    Join Date
    December 2009
    Location
    germany
    Posts
    56
    since beta 22 every hour?


    2010-04-14 05:54:10.120550|INFO |SQL | | pruning old database log entries where timestamp is older than 90 days
    2010-04-14 06:54:10.118110|INFO |SQL | | pruning old database log entries where timestamp is older than 90 days
    2010-04-14 07:54:10.117393|INFO |SQL | | pruning old database log entries where timestamp is older than 90 days
    2010-04-14 08:54:10.117111|INFO |SQL | | pruning old database log entries where timestamp is older than 90 days
    2010-04-14 09:54:10.117716|INFO |SQL | | pruning old database log entries where timestamp is older than 90 days
    2010-04-14 10:54:10.119097|INFO |SQL | | pruning old database log entries where timestamp is older than 90 days
    2010-04-14 11:54:10.118004|INFO |SQL | | pruning old database log entries where timestamp is older than 90 days
    2010-04-14 12:54:10.117717|INFO |SQL | | pruning old database log entries where timestamp is older than 90 days
    2010-04-14 13:54:10.118223|INFO |SQL | | pruning old database log entries where timestamp is older than 90 days

  9. #9
    Join Date
    February 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    11
    What is glibc?

    I have just upgraded to beta.22 x86 on debian 5 and it is not allowing me to connect.

    I have rolled back and still cannot connect so I am not sure what the issue is. Maybe the new client is buggy also?

    EDIT: The auto-updater did not quite work out for beta.20 client on vista. I did a manual upgrade and my rollback to 21.beta server is working.

    I anticipate there being a beta23 server soon.
    Last edited by MattG; April 14th, 2010 at 03:34 PM. Reason: corrected misinfo

  10. #10
    Join Date
    December 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    492
    Quote Originally Posted by gevatter View Post
    since beta 22 every hour?


    2010-04-14 05:54:10.120550|INFO |SQL | | pruning old database log entries where timestamp is older than 90 days
    2010-04-14 06:54:10.118110|INFO |SQL | | pruning old database log entries where timestamp is older than 90 days
    2010-04-14 07:54:10.117393|INFO |SQL | | pruning old database log entries where timestamp is older than 90 days
    2010-04-14 08:54:10.117111|INFO |SQL | | pruning old database log entries where timestamp is older than 90 days
    2010-04-14 09:54:10.117716|INFO |SQL | | pruning old database log entries where timestamp is older than 90 days
    2010-04-14 10:54:10.119097|INFO |SQL | | pruning old database log entries where timestamp is older than 90 days
    2010-04-14 11:54:10.118004|INFO |SQL | | pruning old database log entries where timestamp is older than 90 days
    2010-04-14 12:54:10.117717|INFO |SQL | | pruning old database log entries where timestamp is older than 90 days
    2010-04-14 13:54:10.118223|INFO |SQL | | pruning old database log entries where timestamp is older than 90 days
    Just checked, and the same is happening here. Debian Lenny x86

    Quote Originally Posted by MattG View Post
    What is glibc?

    I have just upgraded to beta.22 x86 on debian 5 and it is not allowing me to connect.

    I have rolled back and still cannot connect so I am not sure what the issue is. Maybe the new client is buggy also?

    EDIT: The auto-updater did not quite work out for beta.20 client on vista. I did a manual upgrade and my rollback to 21.beta server is working.

    I anticipate there being a beta23 server soon.
    Glibc is the GNU C Library. The package for debian is "libc6" and the latest stable version is "2.7-18lenny2". Check if you have it with "dpkg -l | grep libc6"

    Have you backed up the sqlite database file also? From what i see on here, the "bug" with glibc is only affecting the sqlite servers. Maybe it was just coincidence, but worth a shot.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    July 2002
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,192
    Quote Originally Posted by MattG View Post
    What is glibc?

    I have just upgraded to beta.22 x86 on debian 5 and it is not allowing me to connect.

    I have rolled back and still cannot connect so I am not sure what the issue is. Maybe the new client is buggy also?

    EDIT: The auto-updater did not quite work out for beta.20 client on vista. I did a manual upgrade and my rollback to 21.beta server is working.

    I anticipate there being a beta23 server soon.
    The glibc problem is fixed, "not allowing to connect" sounds like a configuration/network issue on your end. There is no known bug in beta 22 that could cause it...
    You think my answer is stupid ? Read This:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ons.html#intro

    In a world without fences and walls - who needs windows and gates ?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    July 2002
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,192
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil7789 View Post
    This is the first release i had to set chmod for the needed files manually on openSuse 11.1. Is this intended or just fortuity?
    Which files? Just extracting and running works here?
    You think my answer is stupid ? Read This:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ons.html#intro

    In a world without fences and walls - who needs windows and gates ?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    February 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    11

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonybat View Post
    Just checked, and the same is happening here. Debian Lenny x86
    Glibc is the GNU C Library. The package for debian is "libc6" and the latest stable version is "2.7-18lenny2". Check if you have it with "dpkg -l | grep libc6"

    Have you backed up the sqlite database file also? From what i see on here, the "bug" with glibc is only affecting the sqlite servers. Maybe it was just coincidence, but worth a shot.
    Thanks for the reply, Peter also.

    I reinstalled latest client and server, that is 20 + 22 respectively and both are working without issue. I have not needed to change anything else other than extract new over old so am unable to replicate any errors. As mentioned maybe connectivity issues. Thanks.
    ALL IS WORKING AS EXPECTED.

    BTW I am using mysql via a ts3db_mysql.ini file instead of sqlite.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    December 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Which files? Just extracting and running works here?
    The files:
    ts3server_startscript.sh
    ts3server_minimal_runscript.sh
    ts3server_linux_x86

    At least i set those 744, because i could not start the server without.

    Furthermore i got 2 or 3 crashes since using Beta 22 on openSuse 11.1 32bit, but this could be a serverside problem as teamspeak2 running on the same server also crashed, or those server might conflict somewhere.
    I restarted the entire server and started ts3 but after connecting it "crashed" immediately for 1 or 2 minutes and afterwards i could connect again

    EDIT: Next problem that occured is that with me there are 3 users on ts3 but others can not connect. This problem seems to be there since beta22, but i am not sure about this
    Last edited by Phil7789; April 14th, 2010 at 10:07 PM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    July 2002
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,192
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil7789 View Post
    The files:
    ts3server_startscript.sh
    ts3server_minimal_runscript.sh
    ts3server_linux_x86

    At least i set those 744, because i could not start the server without.
    I just checked, those files are rwxr-xr-x, and server starts fine without any modification of the permissions. Maybe you extracted as a different user or have a weird umask set. Archive looks fine in any case.
    You think my answer is stupid ? Read This:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ons.html#intro

    In a world without fences and walls - who needs windows and gates ?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. TeamSpeak 3 Client 3.0.0-beta22 Available
    By Peter in forum Archive
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: June 16th, 2010, 02:22 AM
  2. Wierd connection problems after Beta22
    By Nerik in forum Windows
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: June 10th, 2010, 08:30 AM
  3. [Fixed with Beta22] [Bug] Client beta21 G19&G15 bug
    By Jaegermeist0r in forum Bug Reports [EN/DE]
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: June 7th, 2010, 02:05 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: May 24th, 2010, 03:04 AM
  5. update to beta22 bus access error
    By ubuntu in forum Linux / FreeBSD
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: May 6th, 2010, 08:09 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •