Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Exclamation Whispering only works in same channel now

I used to be able to whisper to people when they were in another channel, or whisper to a whole channel. Now I don't have that feature, is this something you took out?

Liquid

make sure both parties can see each other. If they can't, you won't get the whisper if i'm not mistaken.

Yeah I already tested this out. I subscribed to all channels and could see the other person but could only whisper to him in the same channel.

You have to see him and he has to see you, thats the reason why ZeroTKA wrote both parties.

Same on our teamspeak, since the last client update whisper only works when both speakers are in the same channel. And, yes both parties saw eachother when trying to whisper over different channels.

I can't acknowledge this with latest client 20 and server release 22, I can whipser over channels.
    I tryed to whisper to another channel and to another user and they got my voice.

We have server realease 21 and client release 20, might be the cause. I will post an update as soon as we got the server updated. Thx, for the fast reply.

Btw the client beta 21 get's an overhaul with whisper settings.

good you are on it

are server at MRL WE HAVE SEE THAT TOO.
    HAPPY TO SEE YOU GOING TO WORK ON IT.

THANK YOU

Thanks Dante,

The problem seems to have been fixed in the new client, but the one problem I am finding now is that when you set up a whisper client, you have to exit TS3 and reload it for the whispers to work. Otherwise, you don't get the blue dot to show up next to the client or channel until you restart teamspeak.

Please retest, with our latest pre-Beta 21(The client you want to whisper to, should be updated too)
    http://ftp.4players.de/pub/hosted/ts...odo-so/client/

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Please retest, with our latest pre-Beta 21(The client you want to whisper to, should be updated too)
    http://ftp.4players.de/pub/hosted/ts...odo-so/client/
    Sorry I didn't answer this sooner, didn't check my e-mail for a day.

Whispering is now working without having to restart, and I like the options you have added to the whispering functions.

There is one problem though, before when you would drag a person over to the whisper list, the list would stay on top. Now it goes behind the other window and you have to drag the name down to the task bar and hold over the Whisper List window. You can also add the name into other windows that may be open on the Taskbar.

Liquid

P.S. Whispering across multiple channels and their sub-channels works great.

Thanks for the great work.
    Last edited by Liquid Memory; April 22nd, 2010 at 09:51 PM. Reason: added P.S.

There is one problem though, before when you would drag a person over to the whisper list, the list would stay on top. Now it goes behind the other window and you have to drag the name down to the task bar and hold over the Whisper List window. You can also add the name into other windows that may be open on the Taskbar.
    This problem is known and is being addressed.

Glad to see that it's working for you now.

One bug with the new client that we've noticed on the public server is that if the channel has a forward slash "/" in the name you can't whisper to that channel. I notice with I set a join channel on connect that it uses the forward slash as the delimiter between channels/sub channels. I think it is getting confused by the channels with forward slash in the name.

IE:
    a channel named "USA/Canada (English talk only)" is added to the whisper list but when you go to whisper it fails because it wants to send the whisper to a "Canada (English talk only)" subchannel in "USA". I plan to play with the ini when I get time to see if I can manually edit the channel name to get it to work.

Edit: yes you can add a channel with "/" in the name to the whisper list, then exit TS3. Open the whisper.ini file and add "\\" before "/", just like in the bookmarks when you have one of those channels as your default channel.

And with is testing with 22 server and 21pre client.
    Last edited by Screech; April 23rd, 2010 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Found fix.

Sorry for the late reply, this bug has been reported to an developer

Thread Information