Forum

Can you integrate TS3 with vbulletin?

I would like to link up the vbulletin user ranks into TS3 using their accounts. Is this possible? Where should i go/ask to find a solution for this?

Basically, they have little ranks next to their name that corresponds to their forum posts rank, and i update them manually. I'd like for teamspeak to be able to auto change them as they increase rank on the forums. Thx.

For this you need to write a function and create more than one server group. Then you can use the server commands to change the ranks. However, this is relatively mind-challenging. I personally can not do it. But I have an idea how it could go!

each rank has a server group in teamspeak 3. And im not sure how vbulletin does it, it just gives them a new rank everytime they get 25 posts.

I dont think it is possible. You would have to have something that is watching the SQL of the BBS and then when a rank changes sends a command to the server.

IE it would have to be a website side server side communication. Nothing is impossible but the TS3 devs would need to have a hand in it. That of which i dont think they will do or even care of doing. I would recommend doing it by hand

But to look at another point of view if you had a plugin on your client that checked your BBS' SQL with readonly access(KEY TO DETERING SNIFFING PROGRAMS FROM GETTING YOUR ROOT SQL) every few minutes and had a message queueing system(a system that sets up a line of operations to do in order and with a given delay.. This would be to keep from crashes and lags due to inputting server commands all at one time) and use that to update it then that might be a solution.

You could also have it as a normal program on your desktop seperate from TS# plugin interfacing.

I cant do it.. But that might be the way to go. But you have to remember security percations... so research in programming and internet security will be needed.. So you dont get packet sniffed or otherwise.

BTW vbulletin does it by totaling post counts that is stored in the SQL database.. you have a set parameter in your vbulletin as to how many posts are needed for a rank. Or if it is a special rank. PHPBB has this as well.

Ultimately it shouldn't be too difficult I don't think.

As mentioned, vB keeps track of peoples post counts already. If you had a PHP script (or application really), you could set that on a CRON/Scheduled task to check every X minutes/hours.

When that hits, just loop such as:

Code:
    for each award in awards {
      for each member in members {
        if (member[post_count] >= award[PostCountCheck]) {
          if (HasIconAlready(member, IconID) == false) {
            AddIconToMember(award[IconID]);
          }
        }
      }
    }
    Obviously that's just pseudo-code but the basic idea. You might not even have to check to see if someone already has an icon if you can't add the same icon more than once (no idea if you can or can't).

i have no idea how to code or do anything like that. However, i am willing to test anything and be the guinea pig if anyone wants to develop this. Sorry i am so ignorant. I have a VPS running TS3 and i'll give access to anyone that is serious in doing this. Im sure im not the only one who would think this is cool

Can you integrate TS3 with vbulletin

with some modifications im sure it's possible.. going to look into that one and see if there's much code to change.

Last edited by acinemastare; May 26th, 2010 at 06:18 PM.

Thread Information