Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Is there a way to "Stick" someone in a channel?

Hello,

I was wondering if there was anyone to "Stick" someone into a channel?

Also, how do I make it so "guests" cannot move/talk until they have been put into another group. (Other then editing EVERY channel's join power)

A real sticky feature does not exist yet, but i think i can solve your request.

Select your Guest group and set their i_channel_join_power and i_client_talk_power to -1

Or

Dissalow b_channel_join_permanent, b_channel_join_semi_permanent and b_channel_join_temporary and then set their i_client_talk_power to -1

They can't move and talk in any channel (with default settings)
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Just search for threads with keyword "prison" and you may find your "sticky" thing.

*** Thread Merged ***
    Last edited by florian_fr40; March 10th, 2012 at 10:31 PM.

Screamdad Guest

TS3 client tie?

Hello, maybe I'm wrong too.
    But there was not even a way to capture client in a room so that he no longer comes from the channel?
    If so how does it work (am admin).

*** Thread Merged ***
    Last edited by florian_fr40; March 26th, 2012 at 07:06 AM.

TeamSpeak 3 Jail

What we're trying to accomplish is a simple thought but actually achieving seems more difficult then I thought, basically I wanted to create a channel. A Jail, and a server group to go with it. Then when somebody is acting up they get the server group applied and moved to the channel, I have it to where if they're placed in the channel. They can't leave UNLESS they disconnect. But if they do disconnect, they go right back into the guest entry and the only channel they can re enter is the jail. What I am trying ti get done is, if they do disconnect it sends them right back into the jail channel. Now if somebody knows a way to do this, it would be highly appreciated! Thanks!

You cannot force Clients to connect to a certain Channel, it is always their decision in which channel they connect to. If the Client doesn't specify a channel they will go to the Servers Default Channel which you can configure.

The only thing you could do is have the server group prevent them from doing anything at all (no switching, no writing, no anything), if you really want to get them into the Jail Channel you'd have to have a script which has a permanent Connection to the TS3 Server query and which checks the servergroup of each client that connects. If the Client has your jail group the script would then move them to the jail channel.

Why re-invent the wheel? If they're 'acting up' just ban them for a few hours / days

Banning is not always the solution. They can come back with new IP/Identity.
    But if they cant hardly do anything after connect they mostly leave.

Using the Search function would bring you this -> http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...-channel-group

Quote Originally Posted by Alcazar View Post
    Banning is not always the solution. They can come back with new IP/Identity.
    But if they cant hardly do anything after connect they mostly leave.
    The server group ip linked to the id. Thus, unless jail is the default group, your point is rendered invalid.

What you can do, is remove all permissions from the guest group. Then set a needed join power of one to all your channels apart from the default and the Jail. That way they can only move between those two channels when you tak away their permissions.

Unhappy Create a server group for trolls

I need a server group for trolling the trolls who cant ->

Talk (but yes if i grant talk power)
    Write in server
    Write in channel
    Write in mp
    Make a poke
    Move channel
    cant disconect of server (if posible XD)

Thanks and sorry for my poor english XD

EDIT->
    I need help to how to kick from server if client dont move from chanel in 30 seconds.

Eit by a moderator.
    This thread was merged, because sucha thread already exists
    Last edited by dante696; August 7th, 2012 at 09:26 AM.

Create a new server group and assign the following permissions
    i_client_talk_power -20
    b_client_server_textmessage_send false
    b_client_channel_textmessage_send false
    i_client_private_textmessage_power -20
    i_client_poke_power -20
    i_channel_join_power -20
    b_group_is_permanent true

It is not possible to prevent a client from disconnecting.

Not tested but should basically work.

"Move Channel" - I assume you don't want them to be able to switch to a different Channel, to do this just add the following Permission to the Servergroup you created as per maxi's Post above:
    b_client_is_sticky

As for the "kick from server if not switched from default channel after 30 sec":
    Right Click the Default Channel -> Channel Permissions -> i_client_idle_time = 30

Anyone (except Server Admins by default) will get kicked after being in the Default Channel after 30 seconds without doing anything. They can prolong their stay in that Channel by messaging with others, or talking though, so you should probably disallow talking and messaging in the Default Channel.

Or just search for "Prison Group", there you have all needed permissions in an image displayed.

[GUIDE] How To Setup Punishment Servergroups on Teamspeak (muted etc.)

This is a small video containing step by step guide of how to make few punishment groups on teamspeak.
    hope it is helpful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=exd8G94h1ew
    Last edited by dante696; January 15th, 2016 at 09:05 AM. Reason: merged + bump post removed!

Thread Information