Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

[Possible BUG] database empty result set when seaching own dbid

When I go to CLIENT PERMISSIONS and try to pull up my database ID I get the error "database empty result set". I get the same error when I attempt to add a client icon.

<21:59:29> insufficient permission modify power
    <21:59:29> database empty result set

I am not positive if this is truly a bug or if something got messed up when the server was upgraded to beta 22.

All the SAs on the server were able to reproduce this using client 20/server 22.

Ok, not sure what changed but now we can assign client icons w/ out error. Still get the "database empty result set" when I right click my name and go to PERMISSIONS->CLIENT PERMISSIONS or if I go to client permissions via the PERMISSIONS menu. I am able to pull up my permissions even though I receive the error.

Same error here. Everytime when I enter a clients ID in "client rights" (client rechte)

I really don't think this is a bug, just a notification that the result for the client database lookup is empty.

Let me Explain.

I used to set up all the clients manually for the permissions until I read through the permissions doc file. Then I started setting up the Server Groups to handle the permissions. This is when I started getting the "database empty result set" everytime I would pull up anyones client permissions.

So like I said, I don't think this is an error, just a notification that the clients database entry is blank. If I setup just one permission, for the client, this error message goes away.

interesting! Though by default the client has no expressed permissions and you do not get this error...

confirmed. seems to be a new feature.

Yep new feature, installed Beta17 - Beta21 of server and don't get the error, but beta22 gives the error.

No real biggie to me though, just a pain hearing Error when I go into client permissions.

"Database empty result set" message is now filtered out by the client (beta21).

As background information, this is not exactly an error message. While technically an "error", the message just means "nothing available". Internally it is used a lot, but the client just doesn't show it to the user. I had missed to filter it out for client permissions (and channelclient, same thing).

AH, thanks for the info Peter! I thought I had messed something up.

Thread Information