Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

i_group_member_add_power Problem

Hi Folks!

Played around at the Database and found a problem (installed a new server to verify my data).
    Here we go:

My settings for the serveradmin group:
    Code:
    		i_group_modify_power 75 0 0
    		i_group_needed_modify_power 100 0 0
    		i_group_member_add_power 75 0 0
    		i_group_needed_member_add_power 100 0 0
    		i_group_member_remove_power 75 0 0
    		i_group_needed_member_remove_power 100 0 0
    		i_permission_modify_power 75 0 0
    Now the problem:
    A serveradmin can't create a token for the group serveradmin, but he can click right on a user and add / delete him to the serveradmin group!
    Works in the old-style menu and in the new popup window.

Did i miss something?!?
    How can i set the permissions, that a member of a group only can add / delete members to lower groups?

ToM
    Last edited by Nightwing; April 21st, 2010 at 08:34 PM.

this is your problem... You have a power of 75 but a needed power of 100.

Quote Originally Posted by poisonpanik View Post
    this is your problem... You have a power of 75 but a needed power of 100.
    Okay, my fault. Forgotten to say, that I'm in the admin server query group with a power of 100. I'm the only one, who should add / del / modify the serveradmin group.

ToM

Is that how you want it? If not change those to 75. Alter the needed powers of other groups to get your desired results.

Quote Originally Posted by poisonpanik View Post
    Is that how you want it?
    Yes. Member of serveradmin group shouldn't add / del / modify group settings of the serveradmin group. The serveradmin group should only be edited by the admin server query group. How can i make this real?
    The other (lower) groups are edited with a needed power of 75, serveradmin group can add / del.

ToM

According to what you show above your SA cannot modify/add/delete a member from the SA group, only your adminserverquery members can do this.

What you say is, what i think BEFORE i made these settings and voilą: Member of the group serveradmin CAN add / del others to their serveradmin group (not per token).
    Maybe the server needs a restart after much editing? But i tried it on a new installation: same failure.
    Can you please re-check this, to eliminate a possible bug?

ToM
    Last edited by Nightwing; April 21st, 2010 at 09:26 PM.

Lightbulb

why so complicated ? Just create a new "server group" between your members and admin. Assign them a needed power higher than their power, that way only the "admin" group may change the new created group.
    The token creation permissions have to be set in "virtual server/administration" but not "client/admin"

Quote Originally Posted by borstenwolf View Post
    why so complicated ? Just create a new "server group" between your members and admin.
    Sorry, but your way is complicated.
    Why should i create a new group, when the setting should work in the serveradmin group?
    If this is a bug and no mistake from me, it should be fixed by the dev's, not by the customers.
    Can somebody confirm my first post?

ToM

Ah ok, so you dont want SA to add/delete other clients to/from the server admin group ? This should only be possible with server queries ?

Don't know, why s.o. would do this, but check if b_permission_modify_power_ignore is set or not. Also you should look, if your client has special permissions set (maybe add a 1 to skip at the end of all your lines, so the following groups won't overwrite the permissions).

Whats so complicated with adding a new group, so you will be the only admin with all rights ? This way you dont need a single query command. If you would like to have a look at the permissons set on my server, juts send me a pm, I also could send you a db dump.

Ah ok, so you dont want SA to add/delete other clients to/from the server admin group ? This should only be possible with server queries ?
    Yes mate, now you're right. As a member of the admin server query group (i'm the only one), i can add / del / modify.
    That is, what i want, without creating a new group.

Don't know, why s.o. would do this, but check if b_permission_modify_power_ignore is set or not. Also you should look, if your client has special permissions set (maybe add a 1 to skip at the end of all your lines, so the following groups won't overwrite the permissions).
    Here my settings for the serveradmin group:
    Code:
    		i_group_modify_power 75 0 0
    		b_permission_modify_power_ignore 0 0 0
    Whats so complicated with adding a new group, so you will be the only admin with all rights ? This way you dont need a single query command. If you would like to have a look at the permissons set on my server, juts send me a pm, I also could send you a db dump.
    Thanks for your offer!
    It is not complicated, and i am the only admin with all rights --> Member of admin server query.
    It's not logical to me, why i should create a new group, let's say serveradmin2, when there is a group serveradmin.
    all SA's are in the SA group and they can't create a token for the SA group, but they can add or delete it manually in the server groups window.
    It must be a wrong setting by me or a bug, that's the reason i write in here.

Your idea, to create a new SA group would make more sense, if there should be more "mighty" admins than me.

ToM

ok, thats what you want. Your configuration looks correct and should work as expected. Maybe try adding 1 to all lines like "i_group_modify_power 75 1 0", so the following permission-settings wont override the ones set in your server admin group. But I still dont understand, why an SA should have any restrictions.
    I for myself added a whole bunch of new groups, cause if you put others in the server admin group, you probably should disable some more options and change server and client settings. The permission system looks quite complex, but it is a great playground to setup a server exactly to your likings.
    Here's a short overview of some groups I created or changed, maybe this could be interesting for you or someone else.
    • guest (access to 1 channel, cant change anything)
      i_group_needed_modify_power 60
    • friend (access to more channels, can change own description)
      i_group_needed_member_add_power 30
      i_group_needed_member_remove_power 30
      ...some other powers (join, whisper) set to 30 also
    • member (access to most channels, can add to friend group, create temporary channels)
      i_group_needed_member_add_power 60
      i_group_needed_member_remove_power 60
      i_group_modify_power 50 0 0
      i_group_member_add_power 50 0 0
      i_group_member_remove_power 50 0 0
      i_permission_modify_power 50 0 0
      ...some other powers (join, whisper) set to 50 also
    • officer (access to all channels, can add/remove to/from friends, members, create permanent channels)
      i_group_needed_modify_power 60 0 0
      i_group_needed_member_add_power 60 0 0
      i_group_needed_member_remove_power 75 0 0
      i_group_modify_power 60 0 0
      i_group_member_add_power 60 0 0
      i_group_member_remove_power 60 0 0
      i_permission_modify_power 60 0 0
      ...some other powers (join, whisper) set to 60 also
    • admin (can do everything, just me)
      i_group_needed_modify_power 75 1 0
      i_group_needed_member_add_power 75 1 0
      i_group_needed_member_remove_power 75 1 0
      i_group_modify_power 75 1 0
      i_group_member_add_power 75 1 0
      i_group_member_remove_power 75 1 0
      i_permission_modify_power 80 1 0
      b_permission_modify_power_ignore 1 0 0

This way I dont have to use the query command line and can change everthing within the client.

ok, thats what you want. Your configuration looks correct and should work as expected. Maybe try adding 1 to all lines like "i_group_modify_power 75 1 0", so the following permission-settings wont override the ones set in your server admin group.
    Thanks, but i haven't tested it yet. It would be great, if someone can make a test with my settings above. Other settings works fine without the "skip", i think, it is a bug in ts3.

But I still dont understand, why an SA should have any restrictions.
    Why not? The standard SA group have restrictions, only the admin server query has all rights.

This way I dont have to use the query command line and can change everthing within the client.
    With my way, i only have to serverquery me to the admin query group. After that, i can make all settings in the client, like the normal SA.

ToM

Thread Information