Forum

Plugins not showing up in list

I've been trying to compile a simple dice rolling plugin for TS3 and having no luck. The plugin compiles fine, but after I copy the plugin to the plugin folder in my TS directory, it doesn't show up in the list.

Thinking I must have messed something up in my code, I compiled the test_plugin example source as is. After copying my new one over the old example in the plugin folder, and now that plugin isn't listed in the plugin list either.

I've tried compiling with both Visual Studio C++ 2008 and 2010. I assume any required compile flags and whatnot would be included in the project file, but is there anything else I need to do?

This is all on Windows 7 64bit, beta 20 of the plugin SDK, and the newest version of the TS3 client.

You should check you´re compiling your project for x64 systems.
    The described issue occurs when you try to use a 32bit dll on a 64bit System.

Thanks for the help, friend.

After reading up on how to configure VC++ to compile x64 and apparently botching something (nothing compiles now) I think I'll look for another IDE / compiler that makes this step a tad easier.

Is there a defacto standard that people around here use?

Hehe, I was in the same situation one week ago...
    Are you using the VC++ Express edition (free) or the commercial one?
    When you´re using the express edition, it´s a bit tricky to get it working, but possible (did it myself). It only took me about 2 days getting the informations =).

But you can also try the mingw compiler and Eclipse as IDE.

Yeah, I'm using the express version. Way too cheap to lay down the money they be asking for the full version.

I never quite got the hang of using Eclipse. For some reason, something about that IDE just doesn't sit right with me. If I can't figure out how to get VC++ working correctly, maybe I'll just go back to CodeBlocks or simply Notepad++.

In the meantime, if you have any pointers for me, I'd be eternally grateful.

This blog entry helped me a lot setting up the vc++ environment for 64bit targets. Of course I found it after searching for 2 days on different locations. If I had found it earlier it would have saved much time
    Link

I hope this helps you.

Wow, thanks a ton. That link was exactly what I needed. I recompiled the test_plugin and it seems like everything is working. But man, what a huge pain in the ass that process was.

My thanks to you, friend. Hopefully you'll find the need to roll some dice in Teamspeak some day so I can pay you back. =)

Thread Information