Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Forum -> TS3 user link? possible?

Hey guys i manage an eve online corp and we use a detailed web based corp management system to track all aspects of the game.

Part of this includes retrieving a new members API key and checking to see if that char is in our corp. Once that char has been confirmed they have auto access to the forums as well as a wide range of corp services.

What i would ether like to code myself OR find out if someones working on it now.... Is a system that can some how link the forum log in to ether a TS3 user (i know they dont exist like in TS2) OR set the server up to require a live token that if the website stops providing a valid token the TS3 server will not let the user in.

Now maybe this process flow would work.

User registers with forum
    User enters API key (eve)
    Users API key is verified
    User is then registered
    Forum updates a table with a TOKEN for that player only
    Each day API keys are checked
    If one fails the forum AUTO deletes the TOKEN therefor restricting the user from logging in

I have done some reading but i wanted to see what other people thought before i continued down this path

Quote Originally Posted by Palacade View Post
    User registers with forum
    User enters API key (eve)
    Users API key is verified
    User is then registered
    Forum updates a table with a TOKEN for that player only
    Each day API keys are checked
    If one fails the forum AUTO deletes the TOKEN therefor restricting the user from logging in
    You should generate the token by the telnet interface, not directly in the database. This is also possible with PHP or something similar.

The last point is not possible, but you can identify the user by the token system (just set the forum user ID or something as custom info) and remove all server and channel groups from that user. This can also be done with PHP or something similar.

Thread Information