Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Solved Server/Channel chat logging

( Part Question , Part Suggestion )

Does the server log the chats in channels?

I have a couple of ideas for server chat logging. have a feature where the SA / QA can decide which channels have their chats logged ( example: only permanent channels will be logged, or only X and Y channel will be logged) these logs could then be uploaded by the server to the destination of choice.

Example: the server chat logs could be uploaded to the FTP (by the server auotmatically) of the community website and then display a list on the designated page , these logs would be set by Date and arranged as such.

This is pretty much what IRC does, and i would like some Developer feedback on this idea.

Thanks.
    Last edited by azzy101; December 26th, 2009 at 10:29 PM.

Anybody?

Personally i would find it useful for the community im involved with.

For now you could just log all messages in your own channel (with Lua). Dunno if this hekps you (because it's not what you expected)

For me there is no need to log the chat. Imagine how big that file would be if some more users are on and writing senseless stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Lil-rich View Post
    For now you could just log all messages in your own channel (with Lua). Dunno if this hekps you (because it's not what you expected)

For me there is no need to log the chat. Imagine how big that file would be if some more users are on and writing senseless stuff...
    Well it would be .txt so it wouldent be too big. maby a couple of megabytes if it was alot of people speaking.

With communities, we can record someone breaking the rules or trolling etc. but we would have to copy our version of the log and post it, the user who attacks can just edit his and give it as evidance also.

Its basically IRC logging then exporting it it.

I think its time a voip client finnally takes the leap and starts implementing server side chat logs, the communities ive talked too including my own feel that its a huge downside for VOIPS not to do this. and i assume it wouldent be too hard to code either giving the skill the TS3 dev team has shown so far.

It may not be feasable, which is why im asking. But i and others certainly see the use in it, gaming clans - no, guilds - no. NPO communities - yes, social networks - yes.

Thanks for the response

Server/Channel chat logging

I've searched the forums, and only one topic addresses this, but there was never an answer.

Could we get a feature to log server/channel chat? This way admins can use the built in Server Log feature to see what was said? It's not always possible for an admin to see the text in different channels, and sometimes you can't take the word of a player, because they can just edit it out.

I'd like to see an option on the server settings to disable or enable it in case you have a server that has a ton of people typing.

Also, have an option to auto-purge the chat logs after x amount of days. This way you don't have to do it manually, and the chat files won't get too large.

If this is implemented, I would love to see an option in the Server Log to filter only chat, have it show the username/IP along with the time/date, and channel it was said it.

Thanks for taking the time to read this suggestion!

P.S.
    Also, could we get Unique ID's impletemented into the Server Log? This way we can ban by more than IP after the fact if we weren't connected to TeamSpeak and can't click on the users disconnect notification.

**** BUMP: I would also like to see something like this implemented.

Reasons being: With over 300 channels on my server, my query bot has a hard time keeping up with all the channels. Could also use the logs for commands that could be issued by clients, such as a song bot that could change the song, add a song to a queue list, or a bot that would do specific functions.

This would be a God Send for us programmers that are trying to make bots for TS3 servers.

Thanks Dev Team in advance for all the hard work I know you are doing on TS3.

Would be also great to see a text chat event notification for all channels with the channel ID in the event result. Would be great to allow a TS3 server bot to take care of all channel chats.

I also would like to see this implemented. Kicks, bans, channel join/exit, ect. with the option to turn them on/off, and filter as well. Additional logging channels I suppose. There is a place in virtual server edit for configuring logs, but apparently server to CLIENT LOGGING, as not much more than client joins/disconnects get logged in the server log.

Nothing new on this? one years after?

No reply also can mean, we won't add this feature.

Chat logs stay a client setting.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Private Messages

Is there a way to have admins of a TS3 server be able to see the private messages of its members or log them in someway?

Its called Teamspeak and not Spyspeak...

This will never be possible on TEAMspeak
    Private message is PRIVATE

GRTZ, Creativeee

Quote Originally Posted by Creativeee View Post
    Its called Teamspeak and not Spyspeak...

This will never be possible on TEAMspeak
    Private message is PRIVATE

GRTZ, Creativeee
    As a admin of my teamspeak server I find it necessary to need to see private conversations in my server make sure the rules are being followed. The tone in your response if unnecessary. If this is not possible then just say no it isnt.

*** Thread Merged ***
    Last edited by florian_fr40; January 30th, 2012 at 09:26 AM.

Train your users to follow the rules or to report violations.
    If you have access to the servers database, you could read offline messages, but no private messages.
    Also inform your users if doing so.

Question Can server log private chats?

Hello,

As Threat title asks... can teamspeak 3 server log private chats? Or can admin see my private chat with someone else on teamspeak 3?

*** Thread Merged ***
    Last edited by florian_fr40; March 26th, 2012 at 07:56 AM.

Thread Information