Forum

Question Implementing TS3 User DB into a existing System!?

Hello!

To the topic i've the following questions:

1. Which format has the stored pws within the column clients.client_login_password ?
    2. Which data are required at least to have a valid user account?

The Problem:

I've a system which works atm with ts2 and it is so configured that the ts2 user account has the same login/pw data as for other services on my system (eg. forum). If someone creates an account on my system then my scripts creating the database accounts for ts2+forum etc....

Now I want to implement ts3 into my system but I don't know the format of the user pw and the needed data to have a valid ts3 user account.

Many thanks in advance!

Hi,
    There are no user credentials in Teamspeak 3. Authentication works via unique ID's only.
    The problem you will have to face is that either a User will have to enter his own unique ID upon registration or that you will have to generate an identity file for each user via script, save it into your database with the correct group data (preferably using the php TS3 API or such), then send it to them and tell them to use it for your server.
    If you make changes to your database directly (eg via phpmyadmin), you might have to restart your server for them to take effect. I'm not sure whether this concerns user groups/ID's too though, would have to be tested.

I suggest you download the server and client and have a look at the identity system and database structure.

Question

i've all already installed. i need now to convert my old ts2 accounts into ts3 accounts. therefore i need the format of the pw which ts3 uses to store the raw pw encrypted into the database.

ts3 must use a user/pw combination too... else the pw column were useless.

EDIT: see serveradmin!

What you are referring to are TS3 query-accounts which are used for administration only. Surely you dont want your users to play around on your servers.
    There is no user name/pw combination that is used for identification on a normal server except for the query.
    As I said a user is solely recognized by his unique ID.

Edit :

If you dont believe me, how about reading it from here :
    http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=teamspeak3

Improved Security and Privacy

TeamSpeak 3 introduces a new authentication system. Instead of using a combination of username and password, the TeamSpeak 3 Client creates unique identities which are stored and tracked by every TeamSpeak 3 Server you're connecting to. For administrators, this eliminates the need to manually register a username and password with the server and allows administrators to assign a set of permissions to your identity which can be automatically recalled by the server every time you connect. The end result is strengthened security and improved administration with eliminated username and password issues, effectively making the process of administering users far less tedious than ever before.
    or here :

http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=faq&c...authentication
    Last edited by TheMinz; May 13th, 2010 at 12:23 PM.

Question

i believe you - of course - but it can't be that there is no way anymore to only let registered user use/login to my ts3. i've to set a server pw which no one will know and only allowed (registered users of my server) users must can connect with a kind of user/pw combination.

is there no way to do this???

http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthread.php?t=49091

The problem (integrate existing user bases in TS3) was debated and then later solved, look towards the end of this thread for answers.
    You think my answer is stupid ? Read This:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ons.html#intro

In a world without fences and walls - who needs windows and gates ?

Question

i'm sorry... i may to stupid or blind or my english is to bad... but where do i find these http://forum.teamspeak.com/showpost....1&postcount=71 changes and how to use/setup those "workaround" system? thx!

Question

i see this <a href="ts3server://voice.teamspeak.com?token=NulDTazANJRDQd/ArP8yb+m0Hea2AbqB3scKSvz/">Public server with token</a> and i understand it a little bit. if i'm right then this allows a user to login to a pw protected ts3 without to know the pw, right?

if so - how can i manage to create those "random" tokens and assign them to a specific (existing!) user account?

the next problem would be: who tells us that the user (who get this token) not simple share this and other users comes with the same token online?

i'm sorry, but this new "better" sec system is the hell for admins...

Thread Information