Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Thread: epoll

epoll

Dear ts3server devs,

It seems the change some time after beta12 of ts3server a lot of people have been getting this error:
    Code:
    terminate called after throwing an instance of 'boost::exception_detail::clone_impl<boost::exception_detail::error_info_injector<boost::system::system_error> >'
      what():  epoll: Function not implemented
    This is clearly what is standing in the way of such people, like myself, from running ts3server now.

I have been developing for the Linux platform for many years, and in my experience, it is simply not a good idea to rely on the epoll API when portability is desired, especially when you are only distrobuting procompiled binaries and not source code.

I would think the devs would want it to be able to run on as many systems as possible, so I humbly ask this on behalf of everyone who can no longer run ts3server since the change: Please give is a version of ts3server that doesn't rely on the epoll api. The previous builds worked perfectly until that change, and so, I'm asking to please go back to the method that worked better.

Thank you very much.

on your server you only make since beta12 update ?

Or you also make new database creation ?
    I mean if you complete delete the old database and start then the server new ?

I have beta23 and I have a fresh mysql db setup for testing right now. It is the epoll reliance that's the problem.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Cheech View Post
    Why would this be a solution? I was talking about Linux. Or are you saying this would also work on Linux systems lacking epoll?

My answer was only about the issue and how can it fixed ...

cheech

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Cheech View Post
    My answer was only about the issue and how can it fixed ...
    But this issue has nothing to do with FreeBSD. The issue is the devs are using the epoll api, which is not good for portability. From what I've gathered from the various posts on the matter in this forums, ts3server was working just fine under FreeBSD just as it was on my Linux box in question, until they started making use of the epoll_create and such.

I would really like to hear a dev comment on this. Please. Is it so much to ask to rebuild withoiut using those epoll functions? Otherwise you're just needlessly excluding a lot of people (I strongly suspect a lot more than is realized.)

Thank you.

Thread Information