Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

TS3 Rights Management

I'm sitting here now with this for about 10 hours since a client asked me for a subchannel.

Well, the point is: how do I set him rights as channel admin, which also DO work?

The Rights Management might be powerfull, but it does not work at all. Server b22, client b20.

Every time: insufficient client permissions (gescheitert an i_channel_min_depth (12356/0x3044)

Damn, i setted the client ALL rights - nada.

And now what is reeeealy confusing (Rights):
    Server Groups: dunno, not interessted in
    Client Rights: Why is there in the rights pane a "Channel" configuration??
    Channel Rights: Why is there a "Global" right? If i set something here, everyone will gain the rights i did set for this channel?? Where are the clients i can choose for this channel?
    Group rights: Why are Groups then marked as "temp"? Why can I not set it "perm"?
    and last but not least, the ultraconfusing
    Channel Client Rights: A client, with rights, only in a particular channel, with "global"?

Sorry, maybe I might be a way too stupid, since the software is also beta it might be everything.

I cannot resolve the logic which might be in this rights management desaster, and thats why others would simply set "SA" rights because getting pissed of by "no rights" error messages

Also, this might be also a very weird database bug, like the libmysqldb.so fileproblem which is beeing looked for at folder "/lib" for no known reason.

Just ask poisonpanik or send him a PM, and he will help you out...

Quote Originally Posted by Alcazar View Post
    LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by Juzaa View Post
    Well, the point is: how do I set him rights as channel admin, which also DO work?
    You right click on him -> set channel group -> Channel Admin

The Rights Management might be powerfull, but it does not work at all. Server b22, client b20.

Every time: insufficient client permissions (gescheitert an i_channel_min_depth (12356/0x3044)
    This is telling you exactly where the problem is. It failed on the permission i_channel_min_depth. So you must fix this and to do that, you must go to the permissions and filter it out and change the value. I can't tell you specifically which one (server group / client permissions / channel and etc) because i'm not on your server

Server Groups: dunno, not interessted in
    Server groups = permissions that are granted SERVER wide.

Client Rights: Why is there in the rights pane a "Channel" configuration??
    This is not client permissions. This is Channel-Client permissions. Channel-Client permissions are exactly what it sounds like. It is permissions given to a client per channel. This way he can have 'special' powers in certain channels but not all of them.

Client Permissions = Specific powers for that client no matter what channel he is in.

Channel Rights: Why is there a "Global" right? If i set something here, everyone will gain the rights i did set for this channel?? Where are the clients i can choose for this channel?
    I do not see this 'global' that you are talking about. But channel permissions are specific to the channel. So if you change the idle time of that channel to say 2 min, then everyone in that channel will get that applied to them.

There will be no clients. If you want certain powers for certain clients in certain channels, then that's channel-client permissions.

Group rights: Why are Groups then marked as "temp"? Why can I not set it "perm"?
    If you want a group to be perm then just filter out b_Group_is_permanent. This will change the group color to blue to confirm.

and last but not least, the ultraconfusing
    Channel Client Rights: A client, with rights, only in a particular channel, with "global"?
    I still don't see this global thing that you are talking about. Perhaps a location or whereabouts of where you see this.

I cannot resolve the logic which might be in this rights management desaster, and thats why others would simply set "SA" rights because getting pissed of by "no rights" error messages
    It's a just a hierarchy of permissions. Read this:

The way a client receives his permissions is determined through a 5 layer system. Each layer can overwrite permissions
    from the previous layer. If a permission is not granted on any of these 5 layers, it will be assumed to be of zero or false
    value. These are the 5 Layers:

Tier 1: Server Groups
    Tier 2: Client Specific Permissions
    Tier 3: Channel Specific Permissions
    Tier 4: Channel Groups
    Tier 5: Channel and Client Specific Permissions

Example:
    You are in the "Guest" server group (Tier 1) which has the permission b_channel_modify_name set to false. But you are also
    a "Channel Admin" (Tier 4) and a channel admin has b_channel_modify_name set to true. Since the channel group is in a higher
    tier than the server group, in the end you *can* modify your channels name (but not that of other channels where you are not
    channel admin).

Originally Posted by Alcazar http://www.teamspeak.com/templates/d...s/viewpost.gif

LOL!!
    Is that a good laugh or an evil laugh Zero??

Was a wonderful 'hearty' laugh. I didn't laugh until after i saw your post later on in a reply that i just happened to stumble on. It was sort of an after thought LOL but i did laugh a lot when it hit me.

Always happy to make someone laugh

Thread Information