Forum


Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    March 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    74

    Solved [Solve] Needed Channel Join Power / Channel and Server Groups

    This is a very weird bug.

    I'm something like SSA, i've set b_permission_modify_power_ignore to the servergroup im in + set its join/modify/subscribe power to 105.

    Everything is working except:

    We have five channels each for one of our admins and only the admin who owns that channel is allowed to join. i tried to give the chanowners CA and set "b_channel_join_ignore_passwords" but its not possible for channel groups.

    Since this doesn't work i'm using channel join power. I set the join power for CA to 106 and the needed channel join power to 106 too. If im CA in my own channel, i should be able to join but it doesnt work (insufficient client permissions).
    another user, which is in a lower server group which has a general power level of 90 is able to join.

    I don't have set any skip or negate flag for my servergroup or any other group - i don't know why i cannot join my channel (channel group is on a higher tier than a server group, so it should get the join power of 106 but it doesnt).

    It works for lower server groups (which only have a join power level of 90) but not for the highest group.

    I've checked the permission overview. when another admin is in his channel i can see that he needs a channel join power of 106 but has a channel join power of 106 (because hes CA in the channel he is in)...everything is fine.
    If im in my channel im also CA but in the permission overview i see that i have needed join power of 106 but only a channel join power of 105.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Location
    Secret Base in Arctic Region
    Posts
    1,671
    Does your group have "b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions" permission set? (by default SA have this)
    If yes, setting a channelgroup for yourself wont change anything.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    March 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    74
    yes, thanks! it works now (what a stupid permission .. what about skip and negate settings!?!)

    EDIT: why can't i set b_channel_join_ignore_passwords to a channel group? its even not clickable in the permission list!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    June 2008
    Posts
    18,513
    Quote Originally Posted by an3kk View Post
    EDIT: why can't i set b_channel_join_ignore_passwords to a channel group? its even not clickable in the permission list!
    This was a fix to avoid flood kick.
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthread.php?t=53450

  5. #5
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Location
    Secret Base in Arctic Region
    Posts
    1,671
    Another issue about Server-/Channelgroups and permissions.
    We have a Servergroup called "Support", they have a "i_group_needed_modify_power" value of 90 (so SA or other groups cant edit them) and "b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions" is set.
    But if you look into the clients permissionoverview, "i_group_needed_modify_power" is listed with value 75 (which all channelgroups have) instead of 90.
    Other permissions are set as the servergroup has.
    Even if you set the "Skip" Flag to that permission, its listed with 75 instead of 90.
    Is this a bug or wanted feature or whatsoever?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    June 2008
    Posts
    18,513
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcazar View Post
    Another issue about Server-/Channelgroups and permissions.
    We have a Servergroup called "Support", they have a "i_group_needed_modify_power" value of 90 (so SA or other groups cant edit them) and "b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions" is set.
    But if you look into the clients permissionoverview, "i_group_needed_modify_power" is listed with value 75 (which all channelgroups have) instead of 90.
    Other permissions are set as the servergroup has.
    Even if you set the "Skip" Flag to that permission, its listed with 75 instead of 90.
    Is this a bug or wanted feature or whatsoever?
    Sorry, but i cant reproduce this here with latest release. Shows 90 for me.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Location
    Secret Base in Arctic Region
    Posts
    1,671
    Correct, since last update Skip-Flag and Skip-Channelgroup is working.
    Topic can be marked as solved.

    Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Sorry, but i cant reproduce this here with latest release. Shows 90 for me.
    Hm, server log says there wasnt a "dante696" on our servers

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Can not change Channel Join Power for Server groups
    By sirwence in forum Permission System
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: April 28th, 2015, 08:52 AM
  2. Someone with lower than needed join power can join my channel
    By Spacecraft in forum Permission System
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: September 2nd, 2014, 06:47 PM
  3. [Resolved] 'Needed channel join power' is ignored
    By Hendrik de Tovenaar in forum Permission System
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: February 11th, 2014, 12:51 PM
  4. Channel needed join power inheritance
    By IceMatrix in forum Permission System
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: December 26th, 2009, 06:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •