Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Screech View Post
    I don't like the idea of using channel group for channel commander (CC). The main problem with using channel groups for this CC option is if you are CC how are you to be able to go back to CA, O or V without having another CA around?
    I agree here, it is indeed a bit ugly if you use the channel groups on your server. Most clan servers I have seen don't care at all about the channel groups (they use server groups), so these cases don't have a problem there. We are going to add whisper to server group also, which will remove this ugliness that occurs with channel groups.

@Screech
    Just give the CC channel group all the rights you give a CA

Linux (Ubuntu) user here. Thanks for PulseAudio backend!!!

Its all awesome and stuff, but since the update, the TS3 client doesn't really work... Sure it starts up when I start TS3, but then it just says "Not connected." all the time, even though I'm connected... also the mute sound/ mute microphone buttons show up, and react on the clicks, but do not show any reaction on the g15 lcd :/

I am having similar problems with the G15 keyboard as the previous poster.
    The LCD shows who is talking but shows that I am not connected and as such does not list what server/channel you are on. Along with that, since it thinks that I am not connected the admin functions button does not show up, and once you use the mute mic and speaker options you can not turn them back on via the keyboard.

I can confirm the issue with the G15 Plugin.
    In fact, it seems to be a "reinitialisation" issue on server connect.
    Once your are connected, go to "Settings/Plugins" and click on "Reload All".
    After that, the G15 display is fine and the mute/unmute button are working like a charm

Grim

I hadn't thought of that, Grimgold. Thanks for the heads up. Tested and works.

Quote Originally Posted by poisonpanik View Post
    @Screech
    Just give the CC channel group all the rights you give a CA
    No, that is bad idea. If the user is normally a V and set to CC for a while in one of the channels you don't want to allow them to get CA. I guess you could create 3, maybe four CC groups: IE CA-CC, O-CC, V-CC and have the each with a needed member add power = to the mirror groups member add power.. not idea at all though. I'll wait for whisper to server groups, then add a temp CC server group that has a need add power really low maybe 0. Anyone could join the group then as needed and no one would retain the group when they reconnect.

error with WASAPI

i use ts3 on vista 64bit and X-fi extreme music.
    when i use WASAPI i'll get an error when i join a second ts3-server

2010-06-02 20:26:27.061019 CapFMOD Error init: Error initializing output device.
    2010-06-02 20:26:27.061019 CapSoundSet Info Invalid captureDevice in Config File, (profile, captureDevice) = (Standard, Mikrofon (Creative SB X-Fi))
    2010-06-02 20:26:29.693019 CapFMOD Error init: Error initializing output device.
    2010-06-02 20:26:29.731019 CapFMOD Error init: Error initializing output device.
    2010-06-02 20:26:29.731019 CapSoundSet Error Error getting default capture device
    2010-06-02 20:26:29.762019 CapFMOD Error init: Error initializing output device.
    2010-06-02 20:26:29.793019 CapFMOD Error init: Error initializing output device.
    2010-06-02 20:26:29.793019 CapSoundSet Error Error getting default capture device
    2010-06-02 20:26:29.825019 CapFMOD Error init: Error initializing output device.
    2010-06-02 20:26:29.825019 CapSoundSet Info Invalid captureDevice in Config File, (profile, captureDevice) = (Standard, Mikrofon (Creative SB X-Fi))

no problems with directsound -> used auto on previous betas

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I agree here, it is indeed a bit ugly if you use the channel groups on your server. Most clan servers I have seen don't care at all about the channel groups (they use server groups), so these cases don't have a problem there. We are going to add whisper to server group also, which will remove this ugliness that occurs with channel groups.
    HI, thanks for the update. Will try as soon as our server gets updated.

The Channel Commander feature is a good step, but you should take it to the end. It would be awesome if you could have channel group whispers that are channel specific.

That way you don't have to whisper to ALL channel commanders, but you can whisper to whoever is channel commander in a specific channel.

Thank you! Works like a charm!

ToM

Will there be a full featured CC in stable version? Current implementation is almost there, but still, when you talk, everyone can here you (though only CC should be able to).

Crash

Hi, I'm using the default sound drivers for Windows 7 x64, with input & ouput modes set to auto. When i am running teamspeak and unplug my headset and plug in my speakers teamspeak produces no audio. In previous versions restarting teamspeak fixed this. Now, when I have done the above, so TS is producing no audio, when I go to close the client, it disconnects from any server(s) i'm on, but teh client does not close, no matter whether i click the X, go Connections, Quit or Alt + F4. The only way for me to close TS3 is via the task manager.
    Hopefully from the above you'll be able to reproduce the problem and fix it, if not feel free to contact me,
    Thanks!

Where can I adjust the update.ini on my Mac client so I can get beta updates?

The update.ini should be in the client folder. At least it is in windows.

By the way, i have it set to beta channel and it is damaging the client installation every time i try to update. I managed to update to some build of beta 22 yesterday, but now im back to beta 21. This ain't a big deal, but just saying.

Also, and more important, when i try to hit "More" in "List all clients" dialog i get no result and the following 2 lines in error log:
    2010-06-08 18:02:47.110902 ParamParser Error Protocol mismatch, old client or old server?
    2010-06-08 18:02:47.110902 SCHandler Warning Error while parsing packet: parameter not found
    Client Beta 21 Windows x64, Server Beta 23 Linux x32

Nice job btw

Thread Information