Forum

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

TeamSpeak 3 Server 3.0.0-beta23 Available

• Important: To connect to a beta23 server you require a client that is version beta21 or higher.
    • Updating from previous beta versions: Since multiple new permissions were added (see below for details) we strongly recommend you make sure you have the i_group_auto_update_type permission set correctly before you update (especially for your query admin and server admin groups). For your convenience here the relevant section from our documentation:
      Code:
      Auto-Updating Permissions
      -------------------------
      Whenever the Permission System gets updated, the server will automatically try
      to assign the new permissions to your existing groups. To enable auto-updating,
      simply add a value for i_group_auto_update_type of the target group.
      The following values are available:

Value 0: The group will be handled like 'Query Guest'
      Value 1: The group will be handled like 'Query Admin'
      Value 2: The group will be handled like 'Server Admin'
      Value 3: The group will be handled like 'Server Normal'
      Value 4: The group will be handled like 'Server Guest'
      Value 5: The group will be handled like 'Channel Admin'
      Value 6: The group will be handled like 'Channel Operator'
      Value 7: The group will be handled like 'Channel Voice'
      Value 8: The group will be handled like 'Channel Guest'

As you can see, each of these values represents a group from the default
      permission set of the TeamSpeak 3 Server. For example, if the Permission System
      is updated with a new permission for Server Admins, all groups having their
      i_group_auto_update_type set to 2 will be updated automatically.
    • We renamed Token" to "Privilege Key". We hope the new name will give new users a better mental image of what exactly this beast may be.
    • We changed the way query groups are saved when assigned to regular clients. This was never something we recommended to do, but for those of you that did this you need to manually update your database to retain your query group status on your clients. See the changelog below for the details.

Here is the complete list of changes:
    Code:
    === Server Release 3.0.0-beta23 01 Jun 2010
    + if logquerycommands is active display a log entry for query clients
      which got banned because of flooding/to many password tries        
    + servergroupadd / channelgroupadd take new parameter type (check docu for details)  
    + added virtualserver property VIRTUALSERVER_RESERVED_SLOTS                          
    + added permission b_virtualserver_modify_reserved_slots                             
    + added permission b_client_use_reserved_slot                                        
    + added possibility for reserved slots                                               
    + added permission i_client_modify_power                                             
    + added permission i_client_needed_modify_power                                      
    + permission tiers "client" and "channelclient" respects i_client_modify_power and   
      i_client_needed_modify_power                                                       
    + via commandline parameter no_permission_update=1 new permissions wont be           
      added automatically (this can break your server if you dont update them            
      manually)                                                                          
    + new permissions are now automatically added (i_group_auto_update_type needs        
      to be setup correctly)                                                             
    + added permission i_channel_create_modify_with_codec_latency_factor_min             
    + added permission b_channel_modify_codec_latency_factor                             
    - removed unnecessary glibc dependency on linux x86 and amd64                        
    - improved virtualserver startup time                                                
    - fixed bug where icon_id wont work for channel client permissions                   
    - fixed bug in permfind which could lead to a crash                                  
    - changing template groups or query group memberships no longer                      
      requires an instance restart                                                       
    - fixed possibly server crash exploit                                                
    - fixed possibly server deadlock / query connection stall                            
    - fixed crash in mysql database plugin while shutdown                                
    ! VIRTUALSERVER_UPTIME is now seconds since 1970                                     
    ! permission "skip flag" skips now Channel, ChannelGroup                             
    ! clients added to serverquery groups need to be assigned to serverID == 0.          
      If you have added any clients to one of your serverquery groups, you'll need       
      to update your database manually to retain functionality. All serverquery          
      group assignments are stored in a database table called                            
      "group_server_to_client". To update your existing serverquery group                
      assignments, please execute this command on your database:                         
      UPDATE group_server_to_client SET server_id = 0 WHERE                              
        group_id = <YOUR_QUERY_GROUP_ID>;
    Last edited by Peter; June 2nd, 2010 at 09:01 AM.
    You think my answer is stupid ? Read This:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ons.html#intro

In a world without fences and walls - who needs windows and gates ?

Thanks Peter.... Your still not gonna get me to sing for it......

Great news! Can't wait to check it out!

New England USA / Marnbach, Weilheim i.OB, Germany
    Can't wait to update. Excellent work.

Can someone post an example of setting the i_group_auto_update_type for permissions?

From the permissions document that comes w/ the server files.

Auto-Updating Permissions
    -------------------------
    Whenever the Permission System gets updated, the server will automatically try to assign the new permissions to your existing groups.
    To enable auto-updating, simply add a value for PERMISSION_i_group_auto_update_type of the target group. The following values are
    available:

Value 0: The group will be handled like 'Query Guest'
    Value 1: The group will be handled like 'Query Admin'
    Value 2: The group will be handled like 'Server Admin'
    Value 3: The group will be handled like 'Server Normal'
    Value 4: The group will be handled like 'Server Guest'
    Value 5: The group will be handled like 'Channel Admin'
    Value 6: The group will be handled like 'Channel Operator'
    Value 7: The group will be handled like 'Channel Voice'
    Value 8: The group will be handled like 'Channel Guest'

As you can see, each of these values represents a group from the default permission set of the TeamSpeak 3 Server. For example, if
    the Permission System is updated with a new permission for Server Admins, all groups having their PERMISSION_i_group_auto_update_type
    set to 2 will be updated automatically.

I've noticed in a clean 23 install there is a channel_codec_latency_factor ident entry in the channel_properties table. But I took a clean 22 install and updated to 23 and this entry was not added.

Also in the perm_channel_groups my I_group_auto_update_type is set to 5 for group 1, but it didn't get the new i_channel_create_modify_with_codec_latency_factor_ min of 1 as found in the 23 clean database when updated from 22 to 23

Can anyone else testing beta23 test and confirm/deny finding the same?

Clean install = extract server, start server, connect with client and use Server admin token, disconnect client, close server.

Thanks for not answering the question.
    Anybody else have an example of running the permissions to set it to auto update?

If you are running a database that was created before beta21 you just need to go into the server and channel group permissions and set the i_group_auto_update_type to correct value for that group type. Best if you are a query admin so you can set the update type to the query groups and the templates used when any new virtual servers are created.

If your database was created clean with beta21 those settings should already be there.
    Last edited by Screech; June 3rd, 2010 at 03:35 PM. Reason: fixed: beta22 -> beta21. Forgot it was added in beta21..

Quote Originally Posted by Screech View Post
    I've noticed in a clean 23 install there is a channel_codec_latency_factor ident entry in the channel_properties table. But I took a clean 22 install and updated to 23 and this entry was not added.

Also in the perm_channel_groups my I_group_auto_update_type is set to 5 for group 1, but it didn't get the new i_channel_create_modify_with_codec_latency_factor_ min of 1 as found in the 23 clean database when updated from 22 to 23
    Thanks, we will look into this. In any case, neither of those two things should be a problem: latency_factor of value 1 is the default used, so it will work fine and once you edit the channel it should write a latency_factor to db. The minimal latency factor permission is only used to limit what latency factors you can set, and if it is set to 1 it has the same effect as not existing (since latency factors are positive numbers >= 1...)
    You think my answer is stupid ? Read This:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ons.html#intro

In a world without fences and walls - who needs windows and gates ?

Just had SgtRWE test with his linux server and he said it added the perm_channel_groups perm_id entries as expected for him. I'm running Windows XP Pro for testing. If that matters.

Please update the TeamSpeak 3 Downloads page. All people are download the 3.0.0-beta20 (older) version. When will the 3.0.0-beta21 client version by available on the Download page....

Quote Originally Posted by DieHardServers.com View Post
    Please update the TeamSpeak 3 Downloads page. All people are download the 3.0.0-beta20 (older) version. When will the 3.0.0-beta21 client version by available on the Download page....
    I think at the same time as on Auto Updater.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHardServers.com View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    At 02 Jun 2010 09:00:00 CET we will push the new client into the auto-updating service. All server hoster are advised to switch their TS3 servers at this time to ensure a smooth transition.
    I think that was already answered.

Hey there.

I've just uploaded a simple script which might be helpful for some people in order to prepare for the upcoming server release (beta23). The script is inteded to be started from the command-line and requires PHP >= 5.2.1 to be installed on your systems.

http://download.planetteamspeak.com/...ion_Update.zip

First, you need to open the file called startme and enter your servers connection information and ServerQuery admin credentials in the configuration area. In addition, please enter the name of the template group you want to use for the update.

When you start the script, it will TRY to identify the most powerful group (which should be the admin group) on any virtual server and compares its permissions with the template you specified in the config. Depending on the virtual servers configuration, the results may differ. Anyway... If the template has a permission that's missing in the admin group, the script will automatically assign it. If the template is missing a permission that's assigned to the admin group, it will be removed. In short... you only need to adjust your template groups and the script will do the rest on your customers servers.

The output should look like this:

Code:
    TeamSpeak 3 Permission Update Script

PHP Version: 5.2.4-2ubuntu5.10
    LIB Version: 1.0.27-beta

[voice.planetteamspeak.com] Loading virtual server list ... DONE
    [voice.planetteamspeak.com] Loading list of permissions available ... DONE
    [PORT: 9987] Loading template group information ... DONE
    [PORT: 9987] Loading Server Owners (ID 3) template permissions ... DONE
    [PORT: 9987] Trying to identify most powerful server group ... DONE
    [PORT: 9987] Loading Server Owners (ID 7) permissions ... DONE
    [PORT: 9988] Loading template group information ... DONE
    [PORT: 9988] Loading Server Owners (ID 3) template permissions ... DONE
    [PORT: 9988] Trying to identify most powerful server group ... DONE
    [PORT: 9988] Loading Server Owners (ID 15) permissions ... DONE
    [PORT: 9988] Assigning missing permission b_virtualserver_custom_search (ID 8479) ... DONE
    [PORT: 9988] Assigning missing permission i_group_auto_update_type (ID 16507) ... DONE
    [PORT: 9988] Assigning missing permission b_client_custom_info_view (ID 20896) ... DONE
    [PORT: 9988] Assigning missing permission i_needed_modify_power_virtualserver_custom_search (ID 65311) ... DONE
    [PORT: 9988] Assigning missing permission i_needed_modify_power_client_custom_info_view (ID 65440) ... DONE
    [PORT: 9989] Loading template group information ... DONE
    [PORT: 9989] Loading Server Owners (ID 3) template permissions ... DONE
    [PORT: 9989] Trying to identify most powerful server group ... DONE
    [PORT: 9989] Loading Server Owners (ID 27) permissions ... DONE
    [PORT: 9989] Assigning missing permission i_icon_id (ID 16503) ... DONE
    [PORT: 9989] Assigning missing permission i_group_auto_update_type (ID 16507) ... DONE
    [PORT: 9989] Assigning missing permission b_client_modify_own_description (ID 21692) ... DONE
    [PORT: 9989] Assigning missing permission i_needed_modify_power_client_modify_own_description (ID 65468) ... DONE
    [PORT: 9990] Loading template group information ... DONE
    [PORT: 9990] Loading Server Owners (ID 3) template permissions ... DONE
    [PORT: 9990] Trying to identify most powerful server group ... DONE
    [PORT: 9990] Loading Server Owners (ID 40) permissions ... DONE
    [PORT: 9990] Assigning missing permission i_group_auto_update_type (ID 16507) ... DONE
    [PORT: 9990] Assigning missing permission b_client_modify_own_description (ID 21692) ... DONE
    [PORT: 9990] Assigning missing permission i_needed_modify_power_client_modify_own_description (ID 65468) ... DONE
    [PORT: 9991] Loading template group information ... DONE
    [PORT: 9991] Loading Server Owners (ID 3) template permissions ... DONE
    [PORT: 9991] Trying to identify most powerful server group ... DONE
    [PORT: 9991] Loading Server Admin (ID 57) permissions ... DONE

Generated in 5.6430439949 seconds
    Note that I strongly recommend that you create a backup of your servers database before using this script!!!

Have fun!

Last edited by ScP; June 1st, 2010 at 08:37 PM.

Thread Information