Forum

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KiLLers NL View Post
    pretty simple, yet takes some time to figure out for most people.

First it is really important to read the instructions before upgrading.

Old version only: (if you run beta22 go down)
    upgrade to beta22.
    Great writeup. Just a minor point. But isn't it enough to upgrade to beta 21 first? I mean it was with beta 21 that they have introduced the group autoupgrade feature, beta 22 doesn't have any important changes regarding upgrading.

Quote Originally Posted by JakkFrosted View Post
    So, this is a just
    Can someone please tell me just exactly what it is I need to do to update to this from beta 18?

And yes I did read through the thread but I see too many cryptic answers.
    Well, there's detailed answer in the post just right before your very own.

<09:53:50> insufficient client permissions (failed on b_client_issue_client_query_command (20639/0x509F))

thats what i get when i try to login with server query.
    with the command: login serveradmin Password

it worked before this update
    what to do?

check that permission b_client_issue_client_query_command

The error tells you where the problem is...

Quote Originally Posted by Killerfrom05 View Post
    I'm still kinda lost, I went back to old beta and made sure the i_group_auto_update_type permissons were set right and there are okay all the server admin accounts works fine but the Query Admin things doesn't tranfser over and I made sure the "i_group_auto_update_type" was set right and it was, not sure what else to do.. I was wondering how can I add myself as a Query Admin cause i'm not sure how to anymore but I have the serveradmin default password for server query, if needed anythin with that.
    All you have to do is run the server query command to add an identity to the ASQ group again.

use sid=1

servergroupaddclient sgid=2 cldbid=2

If you were paying attention I stated this in the post right before your post...

DownloadL/Unzip/Update.

Code:
    |WARNING |PermGroupMgr  |  1| cldbid: 2, assigned to unknown gid: 2, ignoring!
    |WARNING |PermGroupMgr  |  2| cldbid: 5, assigned to unknown gid: 2, ignoring!
    |WARNING |PermGroupMgr  |  3| cldbid: 93, assigned to unknown gid: 2, ignoring!
    Stop Server.

Code:
    >sqlite3 ts3server.sqlitedb
    sqlite> select * from group_server_to_client where group_id=2;
    2|0|1|0
    2|1|2|0
    2|2|5|0
    2|3|93|0
    sqlite> UPDATE group_server_to_client SET server_id = 0 WHERE group_id = 2;
    sqlite> select * from group_server_to_client where group_id=2;
    2|0|1|0
    2|0|2|0
    2|0|5|0
    2|0|93|0
    sqlite>
    Start Server.

Code:
    |INFO    |ServerLibPriv |   | Server Version: 3.0.0-beta23 [Build: 11239], Linux
    |INFO    |DatabaseQuery |   | dbPlugin name:    SQLite3 plugin, Version 2, (c)TeamSpeak Systems GmbH
    |INFO    |DatabaseQuery |   | dbPlugin version: 3.6.21
    |INFO    |DatabaseQuery |   | checking database integrity (may take a while)
    |INFO    |SQL           |   | pruning old database log entries where timestamp is older than 90 days
    |INFO    |Accounting    |   | Licensing Information
    |INFO    |Accounting    |   | type              : Non-profit
    |INFO    |Accounting    |   | starting date     : Mon Dec 21 23:00:00 2009
    |INFO    |Accounting    |   | ending date       : Tue Dec 21 23:00:00 2010
    |INFO    |Accounting    |   | max virtualservers: 10
    |INFO    |Accounting    |   | max slots         : 512
    |INFO    |FileManager   |   | listening on 0.0.0.0:30033
    |INFO    |VirtualServer |  1| listening on 0.0.0.0:8792
    |INFO    |VirtualServer |  2| listening on 0.0.0.0:9008
    |INFO    |VirtualServer |  3| listening on 0.0.0.0:8807
    |INFO    |VirtualServer |  4| listening on 0.0.0.0:9050
    |INFO    |VirtualServer |  5| listening on 0.0.0.0:9060
    |INFO    |CIDRManager   |   | updated query_ip_whitelist ips: 127.0.0.1,
    |INFO    |Query         |   | listening on 0.0.0.0:10011
    All seems fixed, my ASQ is back in client online, thx for all tips :-)

Is it possible to set a permission who is not able to whisper? Because itīs annoying me if someone whisper into a channel.

Thank you! Works like a charm!
    Very nice idea with the private slots, very useful.

ToM

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    or you manually set your i_group_auto_update_type if you upgraded to beta22
    That is the key. Also, I created one of the virtual servers while running beta22 but still it did not get i_group_auto_update_type set in default groiups.

Updates like these, are created to stop noobs from running servers, as we have seen in the last 24 hours.. :/

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBrooks View Post
    Updates like these, are created to stop noobs from running servers, as we have seen in the last 24 hours.. :/
    Nope. I am not noob, I was reading changelog, new permissions weren't well explained, risks were not explained at all, so everething seemed like it was enough to just replace files as usual, which was done by most people. I noticed problem only when I saw that I can't change codec latency and tried to grant necessary permission, which failed even after using superadmin query account. Good job developers. I fixed my problem, though, by hacking database. I call it "hacking" because I made changes directly to database without using TeamSpeak software.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow_lmd View Post
    That is the key. Also, I created one of the virtual servers while running beta22 but still it did not get i_group_auto_update_type set in default groiups.
    As expected if your server database was created with an older server build. This is because when a new virtual server is created it uses the templates that are already in place in the database and are still missing the new permission settings. If you were to update the permissions in the template groups then create the new virtual server they would be there.

Good job developers. I fixed my problem, though, by hacking database.
    I can understand your thoughts on this, but don't forget that it's called a beta for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by MoXNoX View Post
    Great writeup. Just a minor point. But isn't it enough to upgrade to beta 21 first? I mean it was with beta 21 that they have introduced the group autoupgrade feature, beta 22 doesn't have any important changes regarding upgrading.
    Thanks, yes it would be enough to upgrade to beta 21 then. The idea behind is that you set those permissions correctly before upgrade, so all groups will get the correct new permissions automatically.

Nope. I am not noob, I was reading changelog, new permissions weren't well explained, risks were not explained at all, so everything seemed like it was enough to just replace files as usual, which was done by most people. I noticed problem only when I saw that I can't change codec latency and tried to grant necessary permission, which failed even after using superadmin query account. Good job developers. I fixed my problem, though, by hacking database. I call it "hacking" because I made changes directly to database without using TeamSpeak software.
    Then I'm sorry to say you did not read the changelog correctly. It clearly states that you need to "hack" the database as you say, or all query groups will lose their rights. You also did not read the top part, which explained about the automated new permissions, which resulted in you not having permission to grant/remove them.
    Though I have to agree with you that it could have been explained a bit more clearly. (I just upgraded with the thought, we'll see what happens, which resulted in some database "hacks" as well)

Unhappy

Server database created with beta22.

Upgrading to beta23 produces this log:

2010-06-03 17:13:04.078125|INFO |ServerLibPriv | | Server Version: 3.0.0-beta23 [Build: 11239], Windows
    2010-06-03 17:13:04.078125|INFO |DatabaseQuery | | dbPlugin name: SQLite3 plugin, Version 2, (c)TeamSpeak Systems GmbH
    2010-06-03 17:13:04.078125|INFO |DatabaseQuery | | dbPlugin version: 3.6.21
    2010-06-03 17:13:04.078125|INFO |DatabaseQuery | | checking database integrity (may take a while)
    2010-06-03 17:13:04.109375|CRITICAL|DatabaseQuery | | setSQLfromFile( file:sql/update_15.sql) failed

..and server doesnt start.

I have read this massive conversation twice, still no clue how to fix this, pl help

Thread Information