Forum

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    The following is most likely the error

The server version is outdated.
    The following features are known to not function properly:
    Voice transmission can be corrupted, this server cannot be used with this client. The server should be updated.
    Please note that it says the server should be updated. Please update the server to the latest version and let us know if you still have problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunah View Post
    has anyone mirror files???

the server sends only 503 -.-
    Quote Originally Posted by poisonpanik View Post
    Go to ftp://ftp.4players.de/pub/hosted/ts3/releases/ and download the older version.
    Or did i misunderstand your question?

So i downloaded beta 20, but when im tyring to install it it says "Error opening file for writing: C:\Program Files(x86)\Team Speak 3 Client\ts3client_win32.exe"

Click to abort, retry or ignore".

But it wont let me click neither and wont let me proceed, what should i do??

Quote Originally Posted by tocador View Post
    So i downloaded beta 20, but when im tyring to install it it says "Error opening file for writing: C:\Program Files(x86)\Team Speak 3 Client\ts3client_win32.exe"

Click to abort, retry or ignore".

But it wont let me click neither and wont let me proceed, what should i do??

Think I had the same problem.. i presume you're downgrading your client?

Make sure you've fully closed the client before installing the new copy. it might be minimised in your tray.

if it is right click and click exit. if not double check taskmanager for ts3client_win64.exe (or prehaps win32 if you have the 32bit version) If its in task manager right click it and click end process

Upgrade/Server Problem

Not sure if this is part of other problems on this forum, but here is my problem

Last night when I activated TS3, I got a dialogue box saying that a new upgrade was available. I took the upgrade, then tried to connect. I was unable to connect, and I received the following message: "The server version is outdated. The following features are known to not function properly. Voice transmission can be corrupted, this server cannot be used with this client. The server should be updated."

I'm no technowhiz, I just wonder how to connect to my server, or how (and by whom) the server will be updated. Right now I have two bookmarks that I cannot access, and I'm somewhat curious as to how this situation will be rectified. TIA for any information or advice.

Cheers,

Trackpad

I'm not sure who hosts your server either. If you are paying for it then the people you are paying need to be contacted to let them know the server needs to be updated. If someone else is hosting it, they will need to be notified. In any case, someone will have to update the server because you won't be able to get in until they do. Although, if you wish, you may downgrade to beta20 until the server is updated and then update your client.

Icons

On my server i bought, i cannot add icons onto it! For EXAMPLE: I right click on my server name a tha top where it sais Edit Virtual Server etc. Under the virtual server it sais VIEW ICONS. It is gray which means i cannot click on it! Do u no how to fix this problem!
    If you could please Help!
    Thanks!

Contact your hoster and ask if they can grant you permissions to do this.

capture invalid issue

i have windows 7 32-bit

when i try to connect it says "voice transmission can be corrupted, this server cannot be used with this client. the server should be updated". and "failed to open capture device. please check your capture device settings"
    so i went to setting-options-capture and saw "capture device" invalid.

tried to connect again but this time i clicked more and disabled the capture.

again it said "voice transmission can be corrupted, this server cannot be used with this client. the server should be updated" but it didnt say failed to open capture device...

this is what the log says:

2010-06-18 17:24:57.795174 CapSoundSet Info Invalid captureDevice in Config File, (profile, captureDevice) = (Default, Invalid Device)
    2010-06-18 17:36:40.656376 ClientUI Warning Error requesting channel subscribe all when loading autosubscribed channels
    2010-06-18 17:36:50.737952 ClientUI Warning Error requesting channel subscribe all when loading autosubscribed channels
    2010-06-18 17:37:26.546001 CapFMOD Error getRecordDriverName: An invalid parameter was passed to this function.
    2010-06-18 17:37:26.546001 CapSoundSet Error Error getting default capture device
    2010-06-18 17:37:26.576002 ClientUI Warning Error opening capture device: could not open capture device
    2010-06-18 17:37:29.159150 CapSoundSet Info Invalid captureDevice in Config File, (profile, captureDevice) = (Default, Invalid Device)

Quote Originally Posted by aname View Post
    again it said "voice transmission can be corrupted, this server cannot be used with this client. the server should be updated" but it didnt say failed to open capture device...
    Client and Server version? Don't forget that a server beta 23 needs at least a client beta 21 and vice versa.

All the guys on the teamspeak support line are great, thank you for the swift response... and have a great day...

Thread Information