Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Need help updating my server

Hey all, I'm sorry if this a silly question, I was running beta20 server, my teamspeak client updated just now and I cant use the beta20 as server anymore.

Ok so now a problem arises, how do I easily and safely update my ts3 server beta20 to the latest one? I found that if I just overwrite all the files I lose all my settings!!!! and I don't know which files to backup, which is why I also wonder, why aren't server settings stored seperate from the server ?? like old ts2 did with client settings.

Now I'm at a point where I have to redo all my ts3 settings which is hell I tell you, I don't like to configure for hours each time there is an update, please think of the people who like to keep it simple, update without losing settings is a must.

So my question is: how do I update ts3 server safely without losing settings?

I hope they're not solutions that make me pull what little hair I have left from my head.

Krank

Stop your TeamSpeakServer. Then download the newest server version. Unpack it. after that copy and past the new server files to the directory of your server. Override all! The database won't be overwrited, so your configuration won't get lost

greetings

Quote Originally Posted by Maxe___ View Post
    Stop your TeamSpeakServer. Then download the newest server version. Unpack it. after that copy and past the new server files to the directory of your server. Override all! The database won't be overwrited, so your configuration won't get lost

greetings
    why is this information so difficult to find?

frustrating.

it's not hard to find at all if you use the SEARCH function... I know I've stated how to do this about 100 times in the last week.

Thread Information