Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

[suggestion] fail to start if no permissions to save configuration

I have a problem with users connecting from new ID over and over again. This is caused by improper installation (store configuration in installation directory) and running client from non-administrator account. So, every time client is started, it generates new ID for user. This is a pain for my server as I have to add all such users to a group every time. It is not possible to explain why this happens to users that do not want to understand how it works and used to username/password authentication. So, at least, if their clients would fail to run in this case, they would install it properly and the problem would be solved.

solution to this is tell the client once and if they fail to fix it don't grant them anything on the server...

Quote Originally Posted by poisonpanik View Post
    solution to this is tell the client once and if they fail to fix it don't grant them anything on the server...
    Yeah but I do not want this. I understand that people do not want to know technical stuff, since is not their will to access our server but instead a requirement. So it is our problem to solve any issues and do everything to let users use our server with comfort. I already made a post on our forum asking users to reinstall client choosing proper option, but still I would like to make sure new users who might skip this message would not be able to connect only once, solve their issue, and use server with no problems later.

Thread Information