Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Solved [Fixed] People randomly not hearing other people

Hey,

I found the following issue with my team: When we were playing Counter-Strike, suddenly someone wasnt able to hear one person. So for example the names are A,B,C,D,E. Then all of sudden A does hear everyone except D - and D especially does hear A. Everyone is fine except A. Looking at the Client there was no mute or something like that on both sides. The next time it could be C not hearing B. So its not one person and we are all using windows XP and the newest (updated through client) version of teamspeak3. (we were forced to do this because the server said our client was too old). I think this issue occured after updating. not sure tho if we had that problem before.

Best Regards,
    moonylo

The whisperlist is empty for everyone. Basically everyone hasnt changed anything but some very simple things like the voice activation level.

New England USA / Marnbach, Weilheim i.OB, Germany
    I can confirm this. It has been occurring sporadically since the Beta22 release. This happened to clients on my server yesterday and the day before. I however didn't create a post about it because I noticed that some clients were still using build 11239 (even though I told them numerous times to update to 11315). I nagged them all to update to Beta22 [11315] yesterday and to tell me immediately when and if they experience this problem again. I am still nagging some clients to update to 11315 and will see if this issue still persists.

Can you verify that all of your clients are on the same build? If not, make sure eveyone updates to the latest client release (Beta22 [11315]) and see if the problem goes away...

***EDIT***
    I realize now that you say that you're all updated to the latest client and that the server told you to do so. The server told the client it was outdated when beta21 came out. Can you verify all of your clients are using Beta22 [Build: 11315] ?

I've got the same problem since the last client-update. Suddenly I can't hear single Persons any more. If I do a reconnect to the server it doesn't help. Only if the one who I don't hear reconnects, I can hear him again.

that's exactly our problem. the guy who isnt heard has to reconnect. I cant make any assumptions about our version tho. But since we're all not doing any updates manually, it must be the version, the server asked to be required, which is I guess 21

New England USA / Marnbach, Weilheim i.OB, Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by moonylo View Post
    that's exactly our problem. the guy who isnt heard has to reconnect. I cant make any assumptions about our version tho. But since we're all not doing any updates manually, it must be the version, the server asked to be required, which is I guess 21
    Urge all of your clients to update to Beta22. Perhaps that will fix it. Always keep up do date ;-)

Hey,

we fixed a server bug that might be what you guys are seeing...it happens when you have some client muted and this client drops from the server (not normal disconnect). After a while your client might mute some random third client.

As a quick fix go to your contact list and make sure you have nobody muted , then the problem
    cannot happen. The problem is fixed in the beta25-pre server release.

Thread Information