Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Microphone does not work TS3

hello my pc is an i7 860, 4gb ddr3, using 64bit win seven, I usually use teamspeak 2 without any problem, I installed TS3 several times already come to format the pc in TS3 I just listen and not speak in TS3 Anybody know if can seralgum problem with my sound card? my motherboard is the asus p7p55d LE would like some help!

I'm not sure if it's helpfull to post my matters here ... but it sound similar to my trouble. But since it's the bug section and I don't want to start a new thread it seems like a solution to me.

After I downloaded and installed TS3 beta 21 i tried to configure it (on and offline) but it never reacted to my mic.

Till i started TS2 ... and had ts3 runing simultanusly.
    And all of a sudden TS3 reacted like nothing is wrong ...

And now decide on yourself if it deserves it's own thread or should stay here

Have you tried alternate capture device settings in TS3?

I'm having the same issue under XP Home 32bit edition. I am using a Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 which worked perfectly in TS2 and currently I have no issues with the mic apart from TS3.

I have tried alternate capture settings and nothing works. What does work in TS3 however is the mic in my Microsoft Lifecam USB but it is a much crappier mic then the one running through my soundcard.

I don't know exactly what the issue is but it is definitely with TS3.

@rfxcasey

I think it is your sound card. If I remember correctly the most current driver for that card is from somewhere around 2002...

Quote Originally Posted by poisonpanik View Post
    @rfxcasey

I think it is your sound card. If I remember correctly the most current driver for that card is from somewhere around 2002...
    So what? TS2 supported it, why should TS3 stop the support without reason and/or mentioning it in README? Think there's smth. not quite implemented right now

TS2 and TS3 are two totally different programs written in different languages.. Just because TS2 supports something doesn't mean TS3 will. I know there are others that use the SB live 5.1 and some of them have also had issues.

No disagree.

I am just saying that i believe it is still meant to be supported because there is no notice like "we will not support bla, bla and bla" i would know of.
    And it starts to work after a while as well... so it is still implemented.

please help me need to make my microphone work in TS3 !!!!!

TS3 not supporting SB Live 5.1 doesn't make any sense. Also the language that is it written in should have nothing to do with it. The fact is that my card is supported and working in Win XP. If TS3 didn't support my card why can I hear other people? Not to mention we are not talking rocket science on the voice capture as it is a pretty straight forward process. All TS3 needs to do is accept the feed. My sound card and mic work with everything else so this would have to be a flaw with TS3 that needs to be addressed.

I never said TS3 didn't support that card... I merely said that it was an older card. As for the programming language, that remark was to say that TS2 and TS3 are not even written in the same language so they are DIFFERENT programs. Just because TS2 did something doesn't mean TS3 will do it.

Thread Information