Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Two Instances of Teamspeak Client - Questions

Hello,
    i have to get run two instances of the Teamspeak Client under Windows, this is no problem with the "-nosingleinstance" parameter. Also auto-login is no problem with a parameter. But now my problems: Both Clients have to connect to the same Server, with an old beta it worked, but not any more "too many clones already connected". Is there a way to login to the same server with both clients? (if this clone-check can be disabled in the server settings this would be also okay)
    The second problem: Two persons are to talk over this Clients with different headsets and hotkeys. It is possible to make different profils for everything, but is there a possibilty that i don't need to choose it every time i start the clients?

The aim is: When the pc boots up, to instances of the Teamspeak client start and login to the same server, one with the settings of user one and one with the settings of user two

Another little probleme: I can't allocate a hotkey to the whisper function. I need to do it over the hotkeys section because i want one key to activate and another to deactivate the whisper function, but it doesn't work. When i choose the hotkey and the whisper function the OK-Button is greyed out.

Many thanks!

Christian

I now found out that i can create bookmarks with profil settings and that it is even possible to load two bookmarks when the teamspeak client is startet -> that's great! At the moment i have only one soundcard and i can only speak in the active server tab. The hotkeys (different ones for the tabs) work even if the tab is inactive. Now when i have a second soundcard/headset, can i (another person and i) then speak in both tabs? or is it online possible to speak in the active tab?

Wrong forum.
    This is for Teamspeak 2.

Quote Originally Posted by thronbein View Post
    Hello,
    Both Clients have to connect to the same Server, with an old beta it worked, but not any more "too many clones already connected". Is there a way to login to the same server with both clients? (if this clone-check can be disabled in the server settings this would be also okay)
    Check the i_client_max_clones permission for your client on this server, this controls how many clones can connect. Actually it does not matter if you connect two clones with two TS3 client instances or one instances in two tabs. So not really a two-instances-of-client problem.

The second problem: Two persons are to talk over this Clients with different headsets and hotkeys. It is possible to make different profils for everything, but is there a possibilty that i don't need to choose it every time i start the clients?
    I'd recommend to use two seperate config locations. Not only to define different profiles but also to avoid problems when two clients try to write to the same file and Windows will deny the second access. There is a reason for the single instance check, though we provide the possibility to overwrite it.
    So you have one TS3 client installation. I assume you installed with the default options in the installer, so the config location is in the users home directory (C:\Users\peter\AppData\Roaming\TS3Client for me on Windows 7)
    The installer-created desktop shortcut will use this location. Now the idea is to create a second desktop shortcut with the "-localconfig" commandline argument, which will force this client instance to use the config directory in the clients install path, like C:\Programme\TeamSpeak 3 Client\config
    Careful here, if you have UAE enabled Windows might block access to the location when running non-elevated.
    Now while a bit complicated, this provides you with two seperate config locations so both clients will not interfer with each others selected profiles and cache files. Safest way.

Another little probleme: I can't allocate a hotkey to the whisper function. I need to do it over the hotkeys section because i want one key to activate and another to deactivate the whisper function, but it doesn't work. When i choose the hotkey and the whisper function the OK-Button is greyed out.
    I will look into this.

Now when i have a second soundcard/headset, can i (another person and i) then speak in both tabs? or is it online possible to speak in the active tab?
    With two different playback and capture profiles you can use two soundcards even in the same client. Just make sure both tabs use different playback/capture devices, then you can talk in both tabs at the same time.
    With a single soundcard you of course can only talk in one tab at the same time.

Thread Information