Forum

ToDo List [On Todo] Server Query Admin Icon

Hi,

I'm currently running two virtual servers and I'm QA on both of them (the QA rights being global and independend of what rights one has on the virtual server itself).

The bug I've come across:

I'm trying to assign two different QA icons to each virtual server but it seems that the QA group shares the same global ressources no matter on which virtual server you are.

This results in the icon which was last assigned to the group to show up and the other ones to disappear. Either they are replaced by an icon showing a sheet of paper or a string which tells Teamspeak which icon to use. The latter is accompanied by an error message in the chat window.

Here are four screenshots which show what I mean:

1+2 show the QA icon being assigned on the server "Saigns.de". When I switch over to "Saigns.de ESL" the icon there is gone and replaced by a white sheet of paper icon.

http://saved.im/mtc0mji1c2i2/qaiconbug1.jpg
    http://saved.im/mtc0mji2mmv6/qaiconbug2.png

2+3 show the QA icon being assigned on the server "Saigns.de ESL". When I switch over to "Saigns.de" the icon there is gone and replaced by the string I mentioned accompanied by an error message "file not found"

http://saved.im/mtc0mji3nxo1/qaiconbug3.jpg
    http://saved.im/mtc0mji4d3jx/qaiconbug4.jpg

I do not know why the bug manifests in two different ways. Perhaps it's because one icon is newer than the other (the superman icon being the older one) but I really can't tell.

It's a minor bug but still needs fixing

This is NOT a bug.

You should not assign a remote icon to any ServerQuery group since it's a global group. Therefore, the icon you upload to a specific virtual server will not be available on other servers as long as you don't upload it again.

Perhaps you didn't read what I wrote. I'm trying to use two different icons on two different servers for the same global group.

This can easily be made possible by programming the group so that it uses the icon which is set by the virtual server in question and not an icon with a specific ID.

It's somewhat hard for me to explain... just tell the QA group to ask the virtual server which icon it should use and don't assign a specific one (with a specific ID) to it which it will try to use even if it's not available.

It would take a halfway decent programmer 2 minutes to implement.

This is a bug and needs some changes. It should not be possible to upload and use custom icons for a query group. They are global files.

I wrote it down into our Bugtracker.

Now that's the most dumbest solution ever.

Do you guys actually read what I'm saying? Oder muss ich es auf Deutsch schreiben, damit es auch der Letzte kapiert?

I think there is just no room in the db schema for an own icon for every virtual server. And the group is server wide, so there would be nowhere to save the icon.

Are anywhere uploaded the Iconds from the ESL Screen?

Quote Originally Posted by butter_milch View Post
    Do you guys actually read what I'm saying? Oder muss ich es auf Deutsch schreiben, damit es auch der Letzte kapiert?
    Wie wäre es mit einem Stück Käse zum Whine? Warte einfach ab wie die Devs das Problem lösen bevor du zu meckern anfängst...

Ich habe dein Problem sehr wohl verstanden. Fakt ist aber, dass nie vorgesehen war einer ServerQuery-Gruppe ein Icon zuzuweisen, da die Rechte dieser Gruppen auf allen virtuellen Servern angewendet werden. Das Recht für die Icons hier auszuklammern wäre sicherlich möglich, aber auch unlogisch für das Gesamtbild... wird also abgelehnt.

Wir raten generell davon ab einen "normalen" Client in eine ServerQuery-Gruppe aufzunehmen. Verwende stattdessen reguläre Server-Gruppen für dein Vorhaben.

Thread Information