Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Question Forcing default channel to join on first connection?

Hey

I want to limit players/people to join a specific Channel when joining my Server.

For instance: When a player joins he/she can set the default Channel she wants to be on as soon as he/she connects...

Now i want to force them to join a specific Channel without them having to provide it themselfs when joining the first time...

Why i want to do this is cuz, on my server i have several games i use TS3 with and not all the players i recruit/ask to join TS3, do i want to have access to all the channels, but only the ones i recruit them to!

Right now i think the eazyest way to do this is to just givem the Address, Port and Default Channel i want them in, the problem is my Channels have a long name something like "___Games_____________/Karos" so it would be complicated for them to add this to the Default Channel option :S...

Anyone have any better ideas on how to do this ?
    Do share

THX

Quote Originally Posted by SupaFly::. View Post
    Why i want to do this is cuz, on my server i have several games i use TS3 with and not all the players i recruit/ask to join TS3, do i want to have access to all the channels, but only the ones i recruit them to!
    If I understand you right, just set the needed join power of your games channels higher than guest can join. So they need promoted to a group with have enough join power to join these channels.

Maybe I have an idea to make it simple.
    For the example, I assume that all the friends have status “normal” (standard channel join power 50). Now you set the needed channel join power for all channels you don’t want everyone to get in to 60. You can do this via channel permission. Nobody of the normal group is able now to get into the channels. For example we have Friend01 and Friend02, Channel01 and Channel02. To give Friend01 the access to join Channel01 you enter the channel client permission and fill in the data base or unique id of Friend01 on the left side of the window, select Channel01 in the middle and set channel join power to 60 on the right side (channel -> access). Now Friend01 has the permission to join Channel01 but not Channel02. Proceed with the same procedure for Friend02 and Channel02. Friend02 will have the permission to join Channel02 but not Channel01. Finally you have to tell the clients, which channels they are allowed to join and witch not.

To set the default channel for the clients is much easier, regardless of the channel name. They join the channel, they are allowed to, go to Bookmarks -> Manage Bookmarks, select the server and click on More (bottom left). Thereafter select the Default Channel box and Make current default (below). The present channel will appear. Apply and that’s it.

Sry, for the initial connection I've no better idea, except shorten the channel names and the above stated solution ;-)
    Last edited by Skorga; June 24th, 2010 at 03:24 AM. Reason: missunderstanding

Thread Information