Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Channel group + wisper permissions

Objective:
    Create a "command" group that only members of that group can send and receive whispers from other members of that group.

Present state and problem:
    Users of the "command" channel group can send, and receive whispers. Unfortunately anyone (any connected user, member of any server group, or channel group) can whisper (send) to the command channel group; this is undesirable.

I have tried these server groups permissions:

setting all the talk, poke, text settings to -1

I have tried these permissions on the channel group "command":

setting all the talk, poke, text settings to 75
    setting all the needed talk, poke, text settings to 75

Nothing seems to work.

Thank you for reading

Edit:

If what I want to do isn't possible is there another way to achieve the same result:

Have a group of privileged commanders able to talk amongst themselves while being part of a another channel with no privileged members?
    example:
    Scout provides intel to commanders (via commander + scout only comms) commanders digest it and then issue orders to underlings. Like channel command could do in TS2.
    Last edited by Eukatae; June 21st, 2010 at 04:22 AM.

There is no whisper permission. The devs are working on "Channel Commander" so keep an eye out for that in a future release. They've already put the permissions in place for it.

im lost why would this be needed? do you have people in lower ranks on the server that just like spamming other people or somthin?

never messed with whisper so im proubably not reading your post right but it looks to me like the whisper would be needed for low ranks as well as high, just incase the lower ranks needed to say somthin privately.

but like i said i dont mess with whisper so i wouldnt know

For several reasons:

We often have allies with us, who, while are friends should not be privy to our secrets.

With 300 people in channel comms dicipline can be a problem.

We almost always have someone in channel that is a spy.

ah well we dont use whisper we just go into a channel with a password and kick out anyone that tries to come in

Quote Originally Posted by Arksin View Post
    im lost why would this be needed? do you have people in lower ranks on the server that just like spamming other people or somthin?

never messed with whisper so im proubably not reading your post right but it looks to me like the whisper would be needed for low ranks as well as high, just incase the lower ranks needed to say somthin privately.

but like i said i dont mess with whisper so i wouldnt know
    What cannot be said in public should probably not be said at all. Backbiting, gossip and rumors can ruin a clan. Plus, it's a distraction when trying to hold a meeting with everyone's undivided attention. Better to leave this right to those who have a higher maturity level imo.

well if you really want to talk to one or two people at a time without anyone else joining thats easy.

just set the Needed Join Power in a certain channel to somthing like 100 then set the people you want to talk to's Join Power to 100 or above.

if anyone does edit it to get through just ban them if they are going to be that nosy.

Thread Information