Forum

Client doesn't work with "Folder Redirection"

Hi,

in my local network i'm using Folder Redirection so that all user files are saved on the server, not on the client. Im on Windows 7 Professional here.

The file ts3clientui_qt.conf is saved into C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\TS3Client\ but with Folder Redirection its saved on a Network Share. In my case its \\SERVER\SHARE$\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\TS3Clie nt\

I've installed TS3 as Administrator, choosed "Install for all users" and "Each user has its own configuration", thus the settings are saved somewhere in the Clients profile directory instead of the applications directory.

If i now start TS3 i get the following error message:

"TeamSpeak 3 cannot write to the configuration file:
    //SERVER/SHARE$/UserName/AppData/Roaming/TS3Client/ts3clientui_qt.conf

You can use TeamSpeak 3, but all settings will be lost!"

I also checked the other directories (Roaming, Local and LocalLow), even for the administrator account but the files does not exists. If i start TS3 and ignore the warning, change some settings and apply them, the file doesn't get created!

Additionally, if i open the settings for Downloads, the download path is "C:\Users\UserName\Downloads" and not the correct path which is "\\SERVER\SHARE$\UserName\Downloads".

I think TS3 is not prepared for Roaming Profiles / Redirected Folders. Very bad

Quote Originally Posted by florian_fr40 View Post
    Hello

Just for my curiosity, why are you need this redirection file ?
    Redirection file?

Quote Originally Posted by an3kk View Post
    I think TS3 is not prepared for Roaming Profiles / Redirected Folders. Very bad
    I logged in as an Administrator and started TS3 (i thought it has to create that file for new users and i was right). Then i copied the TS3Client directory into my redirected appdata folder and set the correct permission and ownership. Then i logged into my account and started TS3 ... no error anymore and settings are saved.

The conclusion is that TS3 itself is a bit buggy and doesn't create the file if its on a network share. It can read the file and can write to it but it cannot create it. Perhaps someone used the wrong slashes? // instead of \\ ??

Quote Originally Posted by florian_fr40 View Post
    // => Linux, Unix .... system file
    \\ => Windows system file
    Exactly, thats why im guessing that this could be a problem, because the errormessage shows //SERVER/SHARE$/... instead of \\SERVER\SHARE$\...

Thread Information