Forum

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Rlollar can you check the teamspeak version of everyone in the channel with you? I have a hunch it is caused by differing client versions.

A developer works on a new sound system and we hope, this will also solve the situation, that users getting muted for some other users.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    A developer works on a new sound system and we hope, this will also solve the situation, that users getting muted for some other users.
    Just had the bug happen again.

The user that stopped transmitting to me was using beta-32, I am using beta-35. I strongly suspect my above theory is true.

Draygo
    This also happens from beta 32 to 32 and beta 35 to 35. But we have no idea, when or why it happens.

i has the same problem, i noticed it after the server's update (from "3.0.0-beta23 [Build: 11239] on Linux" to beta 29). Some clients can't hear each other, sometimes they can't hear at all, sometimes they hear only scrap of phrases. This may happens between any client - sometimes each of them are up to date, sometimes one of them may have any old version (but us usually there are no any problems between up-to-date and old-version clients).

When i returned server to beta23 - everything became ok.

So, it seems that client version has no matter, may be it is something inside server?

P.S. sorry for bad english.

P.S№2 - i use gentoo linux for server. Is anybody here, who use Windows-based server and has the same problem? May be it is server's OS speciefic?

I don't know this means anything. But we were testing out some things and one of my clan mates, that is running soundblaster for his sound card, gets muted every-time he connects to COD5.

The only way we can hear him again is for him to disconnect from TS and close down, then restart TS and then we can hear him again.

Its also been very limited to certian people that goes mute. so I am not sure if there is something in common with them or not.

I'm having the exact issue everyone is having, i start teamspeak 3 up and then all of the sudden all my sounds cuts out. Only way to fix is to exit Teamspeak and play music, or restart the computer completely. Now its come to a point where when i join the sound drivers just dont work anymore.... Please come out with a fix soon!

We have the same problem our TSł Server runs at 3.0.0-beta29 [Build: 12473] auf Linux. after a few hours any person hear the other person no longer it is really different. And after a reconnect everything is fine.At this time we only use our TS ˛ server because the problem is too hard. Can you fix it @ the next relase.

Thx @ greetz 76er

Sometimes a random person can't hear another random person anymore

Hello,

I just used the search function before creating this thread and also found a thread about it that said it is fixed, which it is not...

This bug happens randomly, out of a sudden one user can't hear one specific other person anymore. The other way round it still works, and everyone else can still hear each other, too. Restarting TeamSpeak for one of the two affected users fixes it.

This is bug is really annoying, especially if you are using TeamSpeak for gaming like I do, playing Left 4 Dead 2 with TeamSpeak. One person suddenly not hearing another person anymore without anyone directly noticing can prove really fatal.

Is this ever gonna get fixed? :/

Update
    We still have no idea how this bug, can be produced.

We also hope, that this bug will dissapear with our next version (client Beta37). Please don't ask for an release date, there is a lot of work left in the new soudn system.

Evyeryone make sure, that client version is beta36 and server beta30 (or higher).
    Last edited by dante696; December 2nd, 2010 at 08:03 AM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Update
    We still have no idea how this bug, can be produced.
    That's easy, just hang out in a TS3 server for a day.

It happens quiet regularly. If there was someone I could contact when it happens and have them come dig around on my server I'd be happy to let them.

I suspect the problems lays more in the direction of the permission management portion of the server. The codec is still working fine, as the affected people can still hear and speak with most all of the others in the server. What happens is that they will lose the ability to hear a particular individual(s). IF the person who can't hear someone disconnects, restarts their client, and then reconnects it does NOT fix the problem. The way to clear the problem is for the person who cannot be heard to disconnect and reconnect to the server. This clears the issue. They do not need to restart their client; they just need to reconnect to the server. This tells me that the problem is most likely something in the server deciding not to pass the speech of the client to the person who can't hear them.

I am an experienced software developer, and have time under my belt as a support engineer, so I'm used to finding issues in other peoples code.

My affected server is a Gentoo linux node at a virtual machine hosting service.
    vent29 etc # cat /proc/version
    Linux version 2.6.32.16-linode28 ([email protected]) (gcc version 4.3.3 (Ubuntu 4.3.3-5ubuntu4) ) #1 SMP Sun Jul 25 21:32:42 UTC 2010

It has an unfiltered feed to the internet and is ssh enabled. If it will help find and solve this issue I am more than willing to setup shell access and root permissions to members of the teamspeak support staff and developers and notify them when the issue is occuring on the server if it will help provide a debugging envirornment for them to isolate the issue.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

we have in fact got some clue as to what happens to trigger this bug...and it has nothing to do with the server side, it happens all in the client (that can't hear any more) side. Anyhow, the new sound system we are working on seems to fix the issue (at least I have no reports of problems with it yet ). Your offer to help us get it fixed is appreciated - if you have windows vista or windows 7 you can give the test client a run. When you run this clients should never become muted for you - it does not fix you becoming muted by other clients (for this they also need the new version ).

New Test Client is at:
    vista_und_win7_only_test_client
    You think my answer is stupid ? Read This:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ons.html#intro

In a world without fences and walls - who needs windows and gates ?

same stuff

same stuff happening to me and others on our server more common after being poked , also i get stale decoder error while this is happening list that error 50-60 times

windows xp pro
    Last edited by LORDD1; December 20th, 2010 at 11:47 PM.

Can't hear people randomly

Okay, so the title isn't very descriptive but, what happens is at random times there will be a person you can't hear so some reason. For you to be able to hear them they need to quit then rejoin the teamspeak.

It would be nice if this didn't happen, it can get very annoying.

Thread Information