Forum

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    it looks like this bug is getting worser with the last client and server version.

we did not have this bug much on our ts only when people deactavted the sound. but after the last patches a few people have this problem now that they dont hear the other after a while a reconect from the perosn you can not hear fix the problem again.

but as i staed bevore we got more problem now with this newest versions.

and i always keep server and client uptodate so i have runned all versions till now

Ran into this in our recent large-scale TS3 usage. It's hard to say how often it occurred (as it's not always obvious), but I did catch it several times, one of them being with someone talking on channel command not being heard by someone else on channel command. A TS restart on the "can't hear" person's part solved it in that instance.

Just throwing this out there, but we noticed when working on our plugin that you guys recreate the FMOD system object every time someone speaks. Maybe there is an issue with creation for certain clients?

Technically you should only need to have one FMOD system object, or at least one per connection.

Yah actually - ontop of what Nou said, now that I think about it.

From our plugin perspective, this bug is very indicative of some sort of race of a FMOD::Channel not getting created for that person. From our perspective, the bug looks like:
    1. onTalkStatusChanged triggers with START_TALKING
    2. the FMODChannelCreated event handler never fires
    1. onTalkStatusChanged triggers again with STOP_TALKING

The last few betas seem to have created this issue as well; which seems to coincide with channel commander being implemented, and then tweaked, has made it progressively worse.

Considering how rare it is, perhaps the changes you made to the fmod channel creation for channel commander have some sort of underlying order of operations bug? I think it would make sense - specifically because as channel commander gets tweaked/fixed, the bug becomes more prevalent.

EDIT: Also, a Note to the TS3 Dev's -

If you guys are having trouble re-producing this bug, we offer our help with our plugin testing communities for re-production. Every single one of our communities persistently runs into this issue every single test, and they would be more than willing to help you guys track this issue down.

Small update -

I have a specific person on TS3 that this bug is consistently replicated for. It only seems to occur between our two clients, but it has recurred consistently at least once an evening for 3 days now.

Quote Originally Posted by jaynus View Post
    Small update -

I have a specific person on TS3 that this bug is consistently replicated for. It only seems to occur between our two clients, but it has recurred consistently at least once an evening for 3 days now.

Are both clients using client beta26? Is there any error in their client logs?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Are both clients using client beta26? Is there any error in their client logs?
    I just went back over all of my client logs from today to the 12th of Aug, nothing unusual within them, or anything that would denote something repetitively like it was.

Both clients running Beta 26. ~5-10 people in channel at the time. Sporadically, and recurring over the course of about 30 minutes, other people in the channel realized we couldn't hear each other.

Also, it specifically occurs/recurs with the same person for the most part; or at least, it is more prone to happen between us. I thought that may be significant as well.

We are all available if you are requiring a test scenario to debug it. Our TS3 server + clients replicate this issue. Or, if there is any additional debug logging or flags we can use as well; we'd be glad to turn those on until we can replicate it? I will also be debugging the circumstances to see how it exhibits itself from a plugin perspective.

Users randomly silenced.

We have been experiencing a situation where one or two people in the channel will randomly loose the ability to hear talk from a single person. They can hear everyone else just fine, have not muted anyone, and yet can still not hear the particular users speech. Everyone in the channel hears the person just fine. The only way to clear the situation seems to be to have to person they can't hear disconnect and reconnect to the server.

Has anyone else experiences this? Or have a fix?

The server is teamspeak3-server_linux-x86-3.0.0-beta27.tar

I've got the same problem as mentioned above. Someone can't hear someone else while all others in the channel do hear him.

I've got the G15 plugin to show who is talking. When I'am the victim who doesn't hear a special person, the name of this person stays in the G15 display as if he would permanently talking.

Maybe this helps to find the bug.

Unhappy User audio dropping out

My guildies and I have been dealing with this since our server was updated to 3.0.0-beta28 [Build: 12264] and we were all forced to update our clients to at least beta28.

We'll be chatting away just fine when someone will lose the ability to hear one person. It's random as to who it happens to, but all of a sudden the group can hear person A talking EXCEPT person B. It effectively has blocked or muted person A. Restarting A's teamspeak fixes the problem, until it happens again 30 minutes later with someone else.

Anyone heard of this happening before?

I got exactly the same issue..
    Everythings fine at the beginning and suddenly one client can't here me anymore, while all the others clients can..
    Only way to solve this is for me to reconnect to the server..

I no longer have this issue (beta 31). Dunno if you guys fixed it on purpose but I used to have the problems described in this thread until recently.

@Draygo

Did you do anything to resolve this or did it resolve itself?

Besides update the client, I didn't do anything. I used to have the issue.

This bug still is not fixed

We experience this bug almost nightly. We have at least 1 person that can't hear one other person at random timers. It is a random person, but some of us it happens to more frequently than others.

Using 3.0.0 Beta 32 Build 12599
    QT Version 4.6.2

Thread Information