Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Invincibility group it comes in handy

sorry if i put this in a bad topic guys but i didnt see anything that would be suited best for it, so here it goes.

below is how to set up an Invincibility group for certain people so you won't have to worry about them getting kicked out or banned by people attempting to harm the server. (Security personel for example)

First go to Permissions on the tabs. Select Server Groups (should be the first option) and find the Add button under the left side option box. You can manage this any way you want but for convinence lets call it Invincibility. Now that you have your group made you will have to change all of the permissions to match the Server Admin's permissions. There will be one option selected in Server Admin that you cannot edit if you aren't a SSA. Just ignore this, it wont make much of a difference. When you are done matching the permissions (make sure all of the values are the same first) go to the Client tab. Then go to the Admin tab. Then select kick power. In the value type in 100. Under this should be needed kick power. Also set it to 100. You might want to set everything in this to 100, not all of them will work though. Some are set to where they cannot exceed 75. I always found the lady annoying when she said error.........so i havent messed around to see if you can get around that or if SSA's can edit them past 75...please reply if so.

Well this is about it the only way this could harm the server is if a hacker got to it before anyone can do anything.....but its more use than threat so i would highly recommend this for anyone's server.

Feel free to feedback im all ears

Good info. Problem is if someone gains SA access they can manipulate permissions. Ideally this should be done to your SA group and GUESTS should be limited as much as possible to prevent a guest from gaining elevated priviliges w/ out SA knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by poisonpanik View Post
    Good info. Problem is if someone gains SA access they can manipulate permissions. Ideally this should be done to your SA group and GUESTS should be limited as much as possible to prevent a guest from gaining elevated priviliges w/ out SA knowledge.
    yea i set it up to where guests cannot do ANYTHING.
    they cant even switch channels.

we have to approve them before they are set to the normal group, so unless someone hacks our teamspeak or someone inside the clan brings them in we are good.
    Last edited by Arksin; June 23rd, 2010 at 06:25 PM.

-note
    some server hosters have it to where only they can permenatly ban.
    if this is so, you will not be able to edit the max bantime to anything but 75.

you will have to change this in client permissions for one client at a time.

here is how:
    right click on the person you want to be able to ban permenantly and select Permissions, then select Client Permissions.
    now go to Client, then Admin.
    at the bottom of the admin slot, there should be somthing that says Max bantime. set it to -1.
    then find the option that says Add a ban under admin.
    just check the box.

Thats it they are now able to ban you can take away their ban permissions by selecting "skip" on add a ban.

Sorry for not mentioning this yesturday!

We already have a group on each of our servers that stands above normal SA (and cant be edited by them).
    Look in our -> sheet.
    Sorry, no google sheet like a popular user here has

LOL, all you have to do is upload it to google and share it

why didnt you just post instructions or at least tell what you basically did instead of putting a file on the teamspeak fourm

(dont have the admin password for my computer so i cant see it)

How can it be "your" comp when you are not the admin?
    Its just a zip archive, get it and expand.
    Of course you need Office or a program that can read *.xls

cause its not "my" computer r tard.

havent gotten my own computer yet i still use my parents....im only 15....

You parents allow you to use forums and sw like TS, but not an own comp?
    Very interesting...

Now, look into this file -> http://evilcity.net/TS3.pdf
    Page 1 - 35 are ServerGroups on main server, page 36 - 38 are Channelgroups on main server and
    page 39 - 43 are Channels on main server.
    The rest are the standard permissions on Clan Servers.

If you still cant view this file -> pp (persönliches Pech)
    Last edited by Alcazar; June 27th, 2010 at 04:20 PM. Reason: File update

lol, Alcazar you need a google account so you can upload that to google docs

i love how someone added that r tard thing to my rep when i was just kidding. excactly why i said r tard instead of retard.

updated last post.

its not that my parents dont let me they just dont have the money to be spending on another computer at the moment. i might get one for my b day or christmas though

Thread Information