Forum

Solved [Solved] Teamspeak requires update upon startup

Hello, I have Windows Vista 64bit and the Teamspeak 3 64 bit client installed. Everything had been working fine up until recently. Now, every time I start the client, it gives me this message.
    Code:
    <16:00:39> error, your client version is too old for this server. please download a new version from http://www.teamspeak.com
    <16:00:39> Failed to connect to server
    So I update Teamspeak to version 11315 and everything works properly again. Upon restarting teamspeak, it gives the same error and requires the update again. Why is this happening and is there a way to fix it?

Thanks

What version is running when you start TS? Open TS and click on Help > About TeamSpeak. Maybe you don't have the permissiosn to write the new files from Updater.

Option 1 download & install the latest client from http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads or try to start the Updater as an admin.
    You can find the update.exe under "C:\Program Files\TeamSpeak 3 Client".

AhHa! It seems that when TS is started, it is beta20 [10723]. It is a bit strange if the updater cannot write new files because I am the only user on this computer and have Administrator rights and have UAC turned off.

On to the solutions now. I tried running the updater as an admin, to no avail. Problem still persists. So I downloaded the newest version, installed, and ran from the same shortcut on my desktop. Didn't work either.

I did find the problem though after noticing two shortcuts on my desktop. Apparently, in my Teamspeak installation directory, there are TWO Teamspeak applications. One called "Teamspeak 3" which I had been running, and one called "ts3client_win64" which seems to be the correct client to use. Not sure if "Teamspeak 3" is a leftover application from before, or if they are both installed at the same time.

Looks like everything is under control now. Thanks for the help!

TeamSpeak 3 can be installed more then once at the same time on oyur computer.
    The 32 & 64 bit installers have different defualt paths as an example.

Thread Information