Forum

Solved [solved] Failure to connect (Debian 5.0 64bit)

Hello..

My ts3 server was working fine till about a month or so ago. After I upgraded to beta 25 release things went awol. No matter what I try, even a fresh install (Clean Database) nobody is able to connect to my ts3 server anymore.. client always says failed to connect. Is there a way I can get a debug version of the server files to further troubleshoot where the issue is? The current log files do not show anything. I see the port being bound in netstat and I've ran nmap scans, and they come back saying the udp port is open. Its NOT a firewall problem.

Only possible cause is, I believe I did upgrade glib recently. Perhaps that upgrade causes a problem.. As I've tried both 64bit and 32bit bins, even went back to beta 23 and I'm still unable to connect. PS, its not just me who cannot connect, nobody can. I should also mention the query port work just fine, and I checked with sales to make sure there was not a problem with my license, and they said no.
    Last edited by theeggman; July 14th, 2010 at 02:37 AM. Reason: SOLVED.

If you can run the ts3start_minimal script to execute the server and please post some logs here, we will be more able to help!

Thumbs down

There is nothing in my logs about the problem, the logs appear normal. The sockets are being bound etc.

More information please ...

Copy your log file in here, how did you start the server, ts3server.ini file ???

Cheech

Angry useless logs..

Okay.. I'll humor you all and post the bloody useless logs here.. (Note, I've removed my license file from this server as its USELESS now).
    This is a clean installation.

[email protected]:~/ts3$ ./ts3server_minimal_runscript.sh inifile=ts3server.ini
    TeamSpeak Server 3.0.0-beta25 [Build: 11421]
    (c)TeamSpeak Systems GmbH

Logging started
    2010-07-07 01:37:33.966716|INFO |ServerLibPriv | | Server Version: 3.0.0-beta25 [Build: 11421], Linux
    2010-07-07 01:37:33.979533|INFO |DatabaseQuery | | dbPlugin name: MySQL plugin, (c)TeamSpeak Systems GmbH
    2010-07-07 01:37:33.979607|INFO |DatabaseQuery | | dbPlugin version: 1
    2010-07-07 01:37:34.161874|INFO |SQL | | pruning old database log entries where timestamp is older than 90 days
    2010-07-07 01:37:34.474594|WARNING |Accounting | | Unable to find valid license key, falling back to limited functionality
    2010-07-07 01:37:34.607316|INFO |FileManager | | listening on xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:30033
    2010-07-07 01:37:34.910902|INFO |VirtualServer | 1| listening on xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9987
    2010-07-07 01:37:34.919798|INFO |CIDRManager | | updated query_ip_whitelist ips: 127.0.0.1,
    2010-07-07 01:37:34.920217|INFO |Query | | listening on xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:10011

Client says failed to connect.

my ts3server.ini:
    machine_id=
    default_voice_port=9987
    voice_ip=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    licensepath=
    filetransfer_port=30033
    filetransfer_ip=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    query_port=10011
    query_ip=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    dbplugin=ts3db_mysql
    dbpluginparameter=ts3db_mysql.ini
    dbsqlpath=sql/
    dbsqlcreatepath=create_mysql/
    logpath=logs
    logquerycommands=0

This is NOT some user error, I've been running these same configs untouched sense beta 1. Now will somebody plese tell me how I can enable more verbose logging to in fact prove if its a glib issue or not? (For the record, it works fine on all my other servers, just this one Debian box is being a pain).

edit.. I can't even see my ts3 client connect, the TCP Query port works fine. (DO NOT BLAME FIREWALLS, I'VE SPENT SEVERAL HOURS LOOKING AT THEM, THEY'RE NOT THE PROBLEM)
    Last edited by theeggman; July 7th, 2010 at 04:06 AM. Reason: further ranting..

Question: Is your IP Adress of your server in the whitelist.txt ?(not 127.0.0.1)

If no add it and try it again.

Cheech

Did you reboot your machine after updating your glib package? or after updating your server? If not, you could try if this helps.
    Otherwise, seeing as your Query-Access works, you can try changing the port of your virtual server to something else and see if you can connect then.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by florian_fr40 View Post
    Hello

Just for test go to http://www.canyouseeme.org/ and check your server port.
    Great suggestion, however its a remote server so this website will not work. Plus, if you read I've already done nmap scans and they reply with the port being open. Futher more, I've already dug around at my firewalls.. they're NOT the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMinz View Post
    Did you reboot your machine after updating your glib package? or after updating your server? If not, you could try if this helps.
    Otherwise, seeing as your Query-Access works, you can try changing the port of your virtual server to something else and see if you can connect then.
    No I haven't rebooted, but I'd really like this to be the very last thing todo. This is an otherwise production server up time matters.. I should not need to reboot for a library replacement anyway.. and its only the virtual server port that appears to be the problem.. I'll try another port, however this port was working just fine till beta 25 release.

*pokes the developers*
    Last edited by theeggman; July 7th, 2010 at 08:38 PM. Reason: ...

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by florian_fr40 View Post
    I suggest that, because yesterday I had a same problem with an other user. I took the remote control on his server, and go to this site (lynx).

By chance, this site show us that the virtual server listen on IP failover and not on the principal IP.

In fact, the my question was have you the IP failover ?
    Not sure I quite follow what you're saying, however this does give me an idea to try. I'll try what I think I did in the first place to get the server to listen on the correct ip and post an update tonight.

Angry Giving up

Well, my idea of adding my ip into the bind table in the db did not work out. Guess I'm going to give up running ts3 on this server as I'm completely out of ideas and it doesn't sound like I'll be getting much help here.

Thanks..

ssh access would be nice, maybe I can see something. If you'd be willing to give me access send the login details to my email, first part is "peter" followed by the AT sign and then "teamspeak-systems.de". Also you could try to run tcpdump to see if the client ever reaches your server (client->server connection ok) and to see how/if the server answers (answering from same IP as incoming client request was using?). Also please don't bitch at people asking for information or giving tipps. It might very well be a bug on your end, get off your high horse.
    You think my answer is stupid ? Read This:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ons.html#intro

In a world without fences and walls - who needs windows and gates ?

Sorry, its frustrating to have something that worked wonderfully for many months all of the sudden break out of thin air (I'm guessing its a library change some place).

My original accusations was to blame TS3. But the more I think about it, tis probably unrelated to TS3. This server has a few odd quarks that aren't able to be replicated any place else. (Been testing another Ubuntu server, everything runs fine over there.. It can't be TS3.)

I'll give the tcpdump a shot and see what truns up, but I'm not so great with these kinds of tools to be perfectly honest.

@Peter - I'm willing to give out ssh access but I don't use password authentication, I'll email you with the details.

Few word answer to this..
    MY DATACENTER SUCKS, please disreguard all my ranting.

Thank you peter for having me try tcpdump
    And I was sure it wasn't a firewall issue too Apparently, the anonymous datacenter tech miss-lead me with some information they stated.
    Last edited by theeggman; July 14th, 2010 at 02:35 AM. Reason: I'm an ID10T.

theeggman hello.

I have the same problem as you. However, my problem arises since the beginning of the stationing, I can create a TS3 server. I check the. Ini, permits, open ports, leave, etc. all the logs do not give me information about what is happening, according to the logs. everything is correct. I know my public ip, I have others mounted servers, so good in writing. ini. Were you able to solve the problem?

Thread Information